The weather here is finally warming up which means summer is almost here! While I love baking year-round, sometimes it gets so hot that turning on the oven means our air conditioning never turns off! That’s where this EASY no-bake icebox cake comes in. It’s kind of magic! It’s like a mash-up between cheesecake, tiramisu, and a no-bake cream pie. And let me tell you, it tastes heavenly!
What I absolutely love about this dessert (aside from the fact that it’s LOADED with fresh berries), is that you can whip it up in a matter of minutes and it only requires a few ingredients. My kids loved helping me assemble it, I think it only took us 15 minutes. The hardest part is letting it chill in the refrigerator so that the graham crackers soften a bit. I know that may sound weird, but with a little time, they become tender and cake-like.
This icebox cake will be the hit of your summer BBQs. It’s simple, light and full of fresh summer berries. It’ll disappear in seconds!
Berry Icebox Cake recipe:
Easy Berry Icebox Cake
This icebox cake will be the hit of your summer BBQs. It's simple, light and full of fresh summer berries. It'll disappear in seconds!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz original cream cheese softened
- 18 graham crackers rectangle sheets
- 3 cups fresh mixed berries blueberries, strawberries and raspberries
In a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Turn mixing speed on low, then gradually turn speed up to high. Beat until stiff peaks form. Set ½ cup of whipped cream aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Fold the remaining whipped cream into the cream cheese.
- Spread a thin layer of the cream cheese/whipped cream mixture into the bottom of 9X9-inch baking dish. Place a layer of graham crackers over the top, then spread half of the cream cheese/whipped cream mixture over top. Place 1 cup of berries into the mixture. Repeat. Top with final layer of graham crackers, then spread the reserved whipped cream over top. Place the final cup of berries over top.
- Garnish with fresh mint, if desired. For patriotic holidays, you can always create a flag pattern on top!
Thanks for sharing Natalie!! For more recipes by her, head over to Life Made Simple.
Here’s another one of our favorite no-bake desserts perfect for summer:
For more delicious summer desserts, check out these: