This Strawberry Angel Food Cake Trifle is so good and so easy to make. It only takes about 10 minutes to assemble, which makes it great for entertaining!
A summer favorite!
This next dessert is a summer favorite!!
We love that it serves plenty for a summer party, holiday or BBQ and it’s also quite simple to make.
I’ll definitely be making this one again and soon because it is so yummy and easy to throw together!
Angel food: Angel food cake was used to make this trifle. I love how light and fluffy the texture is. You can use your favorite angel food cake recipe, buy a boxed mix, or even purchase a plain angel food cake at your local bakery.
Strawberries: Picking a good strawberry will really make this dish shine. A perfectly ripe strawberry is a deep red color with no green or white spots. It should not be too mushy but have a good solid texture with a bright green top. They will also have a nice sweet aroma.
Pudding: We opted for white chocolate pudding, but you can easily substitute it for your favorite white pudding such as vanilla or cheesecake pudding.
How to Make an Angel Food Trifle
CUT & SLICE. Begin by cutting your angel food cake into 1 inch squares. Set aside. Slice all of your strawberries.
CREAM MIXTURE. Make the cream mixture by making your pudding as directed on the box. Add the large tub of cool whip and mix well.
LAYER. Make the trifle by adding ½ cream mixture to the bottom. Then add your angel food cake squares. Then add your strawberry slices. Top off with the other half of the cream mixture and then a strawberry on top.
Note: You can create more layers by doing ⅓ cream mixture instead. Then add ½ angel food squares, half the strawberries, ⅓ cream mixture and repeat the layers.
If you wish, you can easily add other berries such as raspberries and blueberries.
Another yummy change would be to add white chocolate shavings to the top or even layer in white chocolate chips.
Making Ahead & Storing
Making this ahead of time: I would suggest only making this the day of, otherwise the excess strawberry juice and the cream will seep into the cake and eventually make it soggy. To store it before eating cover the trifle dish with a piece of cling wrap or foil to keep it fresh.
If you want to prepare the ingredients 1-2 days in advance you can store the different ingredients in separate containers until you are ready to assemble the trifle.
Leftovers: Store any leftover trifle, covered, in the fridge.
For more trifle desserts, try:
- Candy Bar Trifle
- Brownies and Cream Fruit Trifle
- Grasshopper Trifle
- Oogie Boogie Trifle
- Chocolate Spider Trifle
Strawberries and Cream Angel Food Cake Trifle Recipe
- 1 angel food cake
- 1 1/2-2 pints strawberries sliced
- 3.3 oz white chocolate instant pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 16 oz whipped cream
- Begin by cutting your angel food cake into 1 inch squares. Set aside.
- Slice all of your strawberries.
- Make the cream mixture by making your pudding as directed on the box. Add whipping cream and mix until combined.
- Make the trifle by adding ½ cream mixture to the bottom. Then add half of the angel food cake squares. Then add your sliced strawberries.
- Top off with the remaining angel food cake pieces, and the other half of the cream mixture and then a strawberry on top.
- NOTE: Add more layers by doing ⅓ cream mixture instead. then half the strawberries and half the angel food cake pieces. Repeat with another ⅓ cream mixture , half of strawberries, the other half of the angel food cake pieces and the remaining cream mixture with a strawberry on top.