You guys ready for some fun Halloween recipes?!
We’ve been busy here in the Lil’ Luna kitchen cooking up all sorts of fun, festive and yummy concoctions. I’ve had so much fun, and am so happy that every recipe has turned out just as good or better than I imagined. Through out the year, I get my inspiration for many of these creations and I’m sure to take note of them (if I don’t I’d forget the next day!) Today’s recipe is one that I’ve been wanting to make for awhile. My family loved my Grasshopper Trifle so much that I decided to make a Halloween version that was just chocolate and involved some 8-legged friends. The result? A Chocolate Spider Trifle that was a huge hit! I admit our friends were a little surprised when I pulled out the Halloween dessert last month, but they also know I do things way in advance and weren’t too shocked. LOL!
The best part about this recipe is it can be enjoyed all year long. Just leave off the Hershey’s syrup web and spider and top with some crushed Oreos, and you’re set! This trifle is also great because it feeds a ton and is great for Halloween parties and events. If you’re all for simple and delicious chocolate desserts, this one is for you.
Here’s the recipe:
Chocolate Spider Trifle Recipe
- 1 box chocolate cake mix plus ingredients on back
- 6.6 oz chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1 large container cool whip
- 1 package Oreos
- Hershey's Syrup
- Plastic spider
Make cake as directed on box. Let cool and cut into cubes.
- Make pudding by mixing pudding mixes and milk. Add half the Cool Whip and mix well. Set aside.
- Add half the cake cubes to the bottom of the trifle dish and add half the crushed Oreos. Spread on half the pudding cream mixture and repeat layers.
- Top with remaining Cool Whip.
- Carefully add Hershey's Syrup to the top starting in the middle and swirl around in circles until you get to the edges. Using a toothpick, draw out lines from the center to create syrup web. Add spider. ENJOY!
The Chocolate syrup web was the kids’ favorite part!
Layers of chocolate-y goodness!
Such a fun and festive Halloween dessert!! The kids have already asked if I’ll make it again for Halloween. 🙂
For more great Halloween treats, check out:
For all Halloween ideas on the site go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter.
Evie insisted that she help me with this dessert!