For a fun and festive Halloween pudding treat, try these chocolate pudding pies made to look like spiders! Mini graham cracker crusts filled with chocolate pudding, topped with crushed Oreos, and decorated with black licorice and red candies. The kids love making these Chocolate Pudding Pie Spiders!
Halloween Pudding Treat
I LOVE Halloween! If you’re a frequent reader you know that already. It’s my happy time, and I love the holiday because it reminds me that Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner, and I love them even MORE! This past week, my son was expressing to me how much he loved Halloween as well and how he wanted to make recipes with me like my daughter, Lily. He is a usual helper in the kitchen, but wanted to be the ONLY one that helped me. Last week, while Lily was at school at the younger two were napping, we decided to get in the kitchen together and, of course, he wanted to do something Halloween-ish so we decided on these Chocolate Pudding Spider Pies.
They were simple, took minutes to put together, and were a HIT with him and the other kiddos. They only required a small handful of ingredients too. Fortunately, we had all the supplies on hand for these little guys, and they turned out so adorable (and creepy at the same time!!) I’ve decided they would be the perfect Halloween treat for the kids at a Halloween party or get together!!
How to Make mini spiders Pies
I’m all about simple and easy, so I used store bought graham cracker pie crusts and pudding mix from a box. It saves on time, being able to just layer all the ingredients. Here’s how we did it.
- Prepare pudding as directed on the box, and pour the pudding in to the mini pie crusts. Put in the fridge to set.
- While your pudding is setting in the fridge, crush your Oreos inside a Ziploc bag. Unravel licorice wheels and cut into 2.5 inch long pieces (you need 8 per pie).
- Take pudding pies out of fridge and top with crushed Oreos. Add 8 licorice legs and 3 red candy eyes to each one.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. ENJOY!
We will be having a combined birthday party for Lily and Gavin in a few weeks, and they’ve decided on a Halloween theme. They’ve been having so much fun helping with the Halloween recipes lately, and think this one should definitely be added to the birthday party menu. Sad thing is, they already have about 4 other desserts on the “menu” too. 😉
For more easy and festive Halloween treats:
Chocolate Pudding Pie recipe
- mini graham cracker pie crusts
- 3.9 oz box of chocolate pudding
- 2 c milk
- 1 c crushed Oreos
- red hots or any other red candy
- black licorice rope/wheels (we used Haribo licorice wheels)
- Prepare pudding as directed on box.
- Pour chocolate pudding into mini pie crusts.
- While pudding is setting in the fridge, crush your oreos in a ziploc bag. Unravel licorice wheels and cut them to be about 2.5 inches long (you'll need 8 per pie).
- Take out pudding and top with crushed oreos, stick in licorice for legs and add 3 red hots to each pie.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. ENJOY!