Mini chocolate pudding pie spiders are fun, festive, and CRAZY easy to make. The kids will love helping out!!
Chocolate pudding pie spiders could not be easier. They are perfect treats to involve little helpers. We also love making Monster Eye Cookies, Gummy Worm Jello Cups, and Skeleton Pudding Cups together!!
Halloween Pudding Treat
I LOVE Halloween! And I love fun, Halloween treats even more!
I recently got in the kitchen with one of the kiddos and made some mini spider pies. They were simple, took minutes to put together, and were a HIT with him and the other kiddos.
They only required a small handful of ingredients too. Fortunately, we had all the supplies on hand for these little guys, and they turned out so adorable (and creepy at the same time!!)
I’ve decided they would be the perfect Halloween treat for the kids at a Halloween party or get together!!
How to Make mini spiders Pies
I’m all about simple and easy, so I used store bought graham cracker pie crusts and pudding mix from a box. It saves on time, being able to just layer all the ingredients. Here’s how we did it.
PUDDING PIE. Prepare pudding as directed on the box, and pour the pudding in to the mini pie crusts. Put in the fridge to set.
DECORATE. While your pudding is setting in the fridge, crush your Oreos inside a Ziploc bag. Unravel licorice wheels and cut into 2.5 inch long pieces (you need 8 per pie). Take pudding pies out of fridge and top with crushed Oreos. Add 8 licorice legs and 3 red candy eyes to each one.
CHILL. Refrigerate until ready to serve. ENJOY!
I love how great the spider pies tuned out. The uniform black with the red eyes really give a Halloween vibe. Of course, what baker does not love changing things up every now and then? Here are a few ideas to make these differently. Kids especially have a lot of fun when they have options to choose from.
- Make mini pastry shells using our favorite Pie Crust recipe
- Make or buy mini Oreo crusts
- Use the same color M&M’s for the eyes instead of red hots. Each spider could sport a different M&M color.
- Since Spiders come in all different colors why not make different colored spider pies? Butterscotch pudding, vanilla or banana are all great options
- Use different types of Oreos. You can use Golden Oreos for lighter coloring. You can also add different flavors by using mint or peanut butter oreos.
Tips + Storing Info
Do not remove the cream center before processing the Oreos
I used a box of INSTANT pudding which calls for 2 cups milk, but you can also use the Cook n Serve kind. Follow the directions on the cook n serve box noting if it calls for different ingredients and allow more time for it to cook and set.
To STORE, remove the licorice legs and cover the pies with plastic wrap. Store in the fridge for up to 2 days.
To FREEZE, remove the legs and wrap tightly with plastic wrap and again with foil. Freeze for up to 1 month. Please note that thawed pudding pie may have a different texture than freshly made pies.
For some tasty Halloween Drinks:
Spider Pie recipe
- mini graham cracker pie crusts
- 3.9 oz box of chocolate pudding
- 2 c milk
- 1 c crushed Oreos
- red hots or any other red candy
- black licorice rope/wheels (we used Haribo licorice wheels)
- Prepare pudding as directed on box.
- Pour chocolate pudding into mini pie crusts.
- While pudding is setting in the fridge, crush your oreos in a ziploc bag. Unravel licorice wheels and cut them to be about 2.5 inches long (you’ll need 8 per pie).
- Take out pudding and top with crushed oreos, stick in licorice for legs and add 3 red hots to each pie.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. ENJOY!