Look no further than this collection of fun and festive Halloween Desserts! With so many different cookies, cakes, cupcakes and more, you’re sure to find something perfectly sweet and spooky.
Whether you’re throwing a party, or just need a fun and festive dessert for Halloween, we have all kinds of cookies, cakes and cupcakes, plus more that are both fun and spooky! Also check out our Halloween drinks and appetizers!
MOST-POPULAR Halloween Desserts
Halloween parties are so much fun! Halloween is such a great theme – from decorations to desserts. With that in mind I have listed some of our very favorite (and MOST POPULAR) Halloween treats. We have cakes, cookies, Rice Krispie treats, and more! We also have some great Halloween drinks found HERE.
Before we get into the fun stuff, I have a few tips on how to turn any treat into fun and festive Halloween desserts!
Turning your favorite dessert into a Halloween Themed Treat is pretty easy. It’s all about colors and embellishments:
- Colors: black, brown, orange, purple and bright green are all great Halloween choices.
- Embellishments: add Halloween sprinkles or candies. Halloween toppers, like plastic spiders, are also great additions.
- Serving trays: using spooky and fun Halloween themed serving trays will enhance the overall feel.
Most of these treats can be made at least a day ahead of time while others can be made even further in advance. This makes it so easy to get your party preparations done early. See the individual posts for storage info.
We love to serve cake at our parties!! You can take your favorite cake recipe and spook-ify it (like our chocolate sheet cake turned into a graveyard) or use one of these fun recipes great for the 31st! Candy pumpkins, fake spiders and more are great to use to decorate any treat!
- Halloween Sugar Cookie Cake – A cookie pizza with a sugar cookie base, homemade cream cheese frosting, and topped with Halloween M&M’s and Sprinkles.
- Oreo Spider Cake – Chocolate cake with homemade chocolate buttercream frosting, covered with crushed oreos, and given legs and eyes to look like a creepy crawly spider!
- Halloween Cookie Cake – If you need something simple and quick, this cookie pizza uses storebought cookie dough, and frosting. It’s topped with Reese’s Pieces and Rolos, or your favorite candy!
- Graveyard Dirt Cake – Our most favorite Halloween cake of all! This uses our classic creamy dirt cake recipe with the addition of tombstone cookies and candy pumpkins.
- Candy Bar Trifle – This is a great way to use up all that Halloween candy after the fact! Chocolate cake and candy bars combined into a delicious layered trifle.
- Chocolate Spider Trifle – A delicious chocolate cake trifle with a fun spider web on top made with chocolate drizzle in the whipped cream.
- Halloween Mason Jar Mini Cakes – From Life Made Simple are simple and great to turn into Frankenstein, a mummy or pumpkin!
Cupcakes are the perfect treat for parties, because they’re already individual serving sizes! Try some of these creepy versions and you’ll see that they’re a great addition to any party.
- Creepy Cupcakes – Use homemade or store-bought cupcakes and add some crushed Oreos, green sprinkles, and plastic skeleton hands to look like a skeleton reaching from its grave.
- Monster Cupcakes – Frosting cupcakes with different piping tips can create furry or spiky looking monsters. Just add candy eyes!
- Easy Pumpkin Cupcakes – These cupcakes are all treats and no tricks! Moist and flavorful pumpkin cupcakes topped with a delicious homemade frosting and candy pumpkins.
- Witch’s Cauldron Chocolate Cupcakes from Life Made Simple – A chocolate cupcake filled with orange “scream” and decorated to look like a boiling witch’s cauldron!
- Candy Corn Cupcakes from Damn Delicious – By dying two different colors of batter, these simple vanilla cupcakes can easily be dressed up to resemble the layers of candy corn goodness, perfect for Halloween!
- Melted Witch Cupcakes from Six Sisters’ Stuff – Using an easy green ganache and straws for legs, you can easily dress up any cupcakes to look like a melted witch!
Halloween Rice Krispie Treats
We love creating with Rice Krispies and have some fun versions we’ve made over the years! Check them out:
- Monster Rice Krispie Treats – Homemade or store-bought Rice Krispie treats dipped in different colored candy melts, and topped with candy eyes. Such a simple treat, and the kids love to help make them!
- Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats – Orange colored rice krispies cut into triangles and dipped into white chocolate on one end and yellow candy melts on the other to look just like a candy corn!
- Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats – Similar to our monster version, these Frankenstein krispie treats are dipped in green colored candy melts. Add crushed oreos for hair, frosting piped on for a mouth, and crazy candy eyes.
- Pumpkin Surprise Treats from Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons- Rice krispie treats shaped like a pumpkin, with a fun chocolate-y surprise inside!
- Halloween Rice Krispies from Crazy for Crust – Extra thick rice krispie treats stuffed with Halloween candy, candy corn and sprinkles!
- Mummy Rice Krispies from Like Mother Like Daughter – With the addition of white chocolate or candy coating, you can make your rice krispies (homemade or store-bought) look like cute and creepy mummies.
Here are just a few of our favorite Halloween cookies, but be sure to get the complete list!
- Halloween Chocolate Chip Cookies – This cookie recipe uses a classic chocolate chip recipe, with the addition of orange Halloween chips. Easy, but festive!
- Gooey Monster Eye Cookies – These gooey buttery cookies are made easily with a store-bought cake mix, and made festive with the help of some green food coloring and a candy eye right in the center!
- Mummy Cookies – Another quick and easy treat – just dip and drizzle Vienna Finger cookies in white chocolate candy coating, and add some mini M&M’s for eyes, and you’ll have some mummy cookies for your next Halloween party.
- Chocolate Chip Spider Cookies – Simply use a chocolate chip cookie recipe, and add legs to the chocolate chips on top using frosting in a tiny piping tip! It will look like little spiders in your cookies.
- Gooey Monster Cookies – Similar to our Monster Eye Cookies, only these ones are colored with several different colors of food coloring, and are covered with candy eyes!
- Pumpkin Oreos – Oreos dipped in orange candy coating and decorated to look like a jack-o-lantern.
- Monster Eye Sugar Cookies – Delicious sugar cookies decorated in icing and candy eyes.
- White Chocolate Candy Corn M&M Cookies – Our favorite cookie base recipe with the addition of white chocolate and candy corn M&M’s. Make sure you get those M&M’s while they’re in season!
Other Fun Halloween Treats
The fun doesn’t stop there. We have puppy chows, pies and more to share that are both delicious and creepy!
- Chocolate Pudding Spider Pies – Single serving pies made easily with store-bought graham cracker crusts, chocolate pudding, crushed Oreos, red hots, and licorice to look like spiders.
- Skeleton Pudding Cups – Simple pudding cups made with chocolate pudding, crushed Halloween Oreos, and plastic skeletons.
- Halloween Puppy Chow – Basic puppy chow with the addition of your favorite seasonal candy – Candy corn!
- Monster Bark – A milk chocolate base with orange and purple candy melt drizzles, green sprinkles, orange and green M&M’s and different sizes of candy eyes.
- Melted Witch Bark – This cute treat looks just like a melted witch, complete with a hat (made from Oreos and Hershey’s kisses), and a broom (made from pretzel sticks and rolos)!
- Gummy Worm Jello Cups – Green lime jello cups with gummy worms, whipped cream, and sprinkles.
- Monster Suckers – Dress up homemade suckers with some candy eyes to make them look like monsters.
- Halloween Bark – A simple halloween bark made from vanilla candy coating, crushed halloween Oreos, and candy corn.