Use up that leftover Halloween candy in a delicious Candy Bar Trifle layered with brownie chunks, chocolate pudding and candy.
sick of candy?!
Are you sick of candy and want to get rid of it quick – especially after Halloween or Easter?
I’ve got the trick!
Today’s candy bar trifle is the perfect way to use up all of that candy so it’s not sitting around for weeks or being consumed by little mouths each day for months. 😉
Just layer and enjoy!
BROWNIES. Make brownies as directed on box. Let cool and cut into cubes. Set aside.
PUDDING. Make pudding by mixing pudding mixes and milk. Add Cool Whip and mix well.
ASSEMBLE + CHILL. Layer ⅓ brownie bites into the bottom of the trifle dish and top with ⅓ pudding mixture. Top with ⅓ of the chocolate candy. Repeat layers until done. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. ENJOY!
Tips + Variations
Easter is another holiday that seems to yield a plethora of candy. Create an Easter candy trifle by changing up the brownie bites to blondies or use a pink or blue cake mix. Add Robin’s eggs and pastel colored M&M’s to the other chocolate candies.
I‘m all about ease and so we used a box brownie mix for this recipe. You can also use store bought brownie bites to make things even easier. If you are feeling more adventurous go ahead and bake up some of your favorite homemade brownies or use our Fudgy Brownie Recipe
To serve, scoop trifles into individual servings with a big spoon with a long handle.
- Peanut Butter
- Use white chocolate or vanilla pudding
- Add Cool Whip
Trifles are usually made with some type of cake or brownie that will get soggy the longer it sits. For this reason I can suggest making this the night before serving, but not too long before that. However, you can prep all the ingredients a day or two in advance and store them in separate containers until you are ready to layer them together.
Due to the pudding leftovers should be covered and STORED in the fridge. It should keep for 3-4 days.
For more Trifles check out these:
- Strawberries and Cream Angel Food Cake
- Mint trifle
- Brownies and Cream Fruit Trifle
- Peppermint Brownie Trifle
- Pumpkin Spice Trifle
Candy Bar Trifle Recipe
- Brownie Mix (plus all ingredients on box – we used a 9×13 pan mix)
- 6.6 oz instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1 large container Cool Whip
- Chocolate Candy
- Make brownies as directed on box. Let cool and cut into cubes. Set aside.
- Make pudding by mixing pudding mixes and milk. Add Cool Whip and mix well.
- Layer ⅓ brownie bites into the bottom of the trifle dish and top with ⅓ pudding mixture. Top with ⅓ of the chocolate candy. Repeat layers until done .
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. ENJOY!