Chocolatey Brownies and Cream Fruit Trifle is utterly decadent. It’s a perfectly easy and stunning dessert to share!!
Strawberry and Cream Angel Food Cake Trifle and Candy Bar Trifle are stunning desserts that are so easy to make. For your next dinner party whip up a Brownies and Cream Fruit Trifle for a show-stopping treat!!
One good looking dessert!
I love to invite family and friend over and cook for them. It’s so much fun, I think it’s a love language of mine. It probably was handed down from my sweet Grandma Luna who always loved cooking. It just makes me happy to feed people!
It’s nice when I have a quick and delicious dessert I can whip up that looks absolutely stunning! I mean, like I spent hours on it. Well Brownies and Cream Fruit Trifle is quite the looker, and yes it’s delectable. The best part is it’s crazy easy. You can use store bought brownies (homemade brownies if you’re adventurous), and the cream is Jell-O pudding and Cool Whip. It’s a cinch!
If you have glasses to serve this in I would recommend showing off all of those fabulous layers. The chocolate curls on top may seem daunting, but they are easy to whip up and really add that extra something something. Trust me, everyone is going to LOVE this tasty fruit and chocolate combo!
Just mix and layer!
CREAM. Make pudding by whisking together pudding mix and milk in a medium bowl. Mix well and then fold in Cool Whip until well combined. Refrigerate for at least half hour.
LAYER. Right before serving, layer cups with brownie pieces, some of the chocolate cream, fruit and then repeat layers. Top off with chocolate curls and ENJOY!
Tips, Variations + Storing Info
This dessert is best served layered in a large trifle dish or use smaller individual serving dishes. Whatever size you use I suggest using a clear serving container so that you can show off the delicious layers.
Brownies can be homemade,( https://lilluna.com/fudgy-brownie-recipe/) from a box or store bought like the ones we used. No matter what you use I know it’ll come together nicely.
- Change up the pudding flavor and use white chocolate, cream cheese or vanilla pudding.
- Use any combination of your favorite fruit including black berries, blueberries, bananas and more.
I love how pretty the chocolate curls finish this dessert off. To make the chocolate curls all you need is a bar of chocolate and a vegetable peeler. The chocolate needs to be slightly warm otherwise. Too cold and it will flake. Too hot and it will be too soft to peel. Here are a few more tips:
- Place your chocolate in the microwave for just a few seconds.
- Slide the peeler along the side of the chocolate and watch the curls form.
- Use a wooden skewer to pick up the delicate chocolate and to avoid fingerprints.
This dessert is very simple to make, however, it does take some time to layer the ingredients and let it chill. Thankfully you can make this the day before, cover and STORE in the fridge. Leftovers can also be stored in the fridge for 2-3 days.
For more delicious treats:
- Strawberry Shortcake Kabobs
- Nutella Cheesecake Fruit Dip
- Brownie Delight
- No Bake Snickers Cheesecake
Brownies and Cream Fruit Trifle Recipe
- 1 pint strawberries chopped
- 6 oz raspberries
- brownies cut into bite-sized pieces (we used store bought package of brownie bites)
- 3.3 oz chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 small tub cool whip
- chocolate curls
- Make pudding by whisking together pudding mix and milk in a medium bowl. Mix well and then fold in Cool Whip until well combined. Refrigerate for at least half hour.
- Right before serving, layer cups with brownie pieces, some of the chocolate cream, fruit and then repeat layers. Top off with chocolate curls and ENJOY!