Hi, it’s me Lily again!
Guess what’s coming up in a few weeks? My birthday party!! It’s going to be a cool pool party. We’re going to have pizza, cake and some of my cousins and friends. And guess what? My birthday party is close to Halloween. Did you know that’s one of my favorite holidays? And for some reason, I really like the smell of the Halloween decorations (and I’m not talking about the candles). We really love to decorate for Halloween, and my mom said we could decorate soon. That makes me so happy because they’re so festive and creepy.
You know what else festive and creepy?? Monster Rice Krispies Treats! They’re sweet and scary!! We made five different colors – black, lime green, orange, purple and my favorite color – turquoise. They’re so good! I like the candy eyes the best. These are great for Halloween but would also be awesome at a monster-themed party. And instead of setting out candy, you can make these Rice Krispies treats instead. Everyone loved them!
Here’s the recipe:
- Rice Krispies Treats
- Candy Melts (we used Wilton melts)
- Candy Eyes
- Lollipop sticks
- Parchment Paper
- Begin by unwrapping your Rice Krispies treats.
- Add the sticks to the bottoms of the treats.
- Melt candy melts as directed on package. Dip tops of treats in melted candy and place on parchment paper (about 35 melts covered 3-4 "monsters").
- Place candy eyes on wet treats and let set completely. *NOTE: you can place in the fridge if you want them to set quicker - be sure to put parchment paper on cookie sheet in this case). ENJOY!
The blue ones are my favorite because that is my favorite color! 😀
For more fun treats to make this fall, check out:
For all treats by Lily go HERE.
For all Halloween ideas go HERE.
BEHIND THE SCENES AT LILLUNA.COM:
Gavin and I LOVED these treats!