Super fun and festive Halloween rice krispie treats, perfect for party treats and favors! These Monster Rice Krispie Treats are beyond simple to make, and the kiddos love to help. Just dip rice krispies treats in colorful candy coating, add candy eyes, and you have yourself a cute Halloween treat!
Rice Krispie Monsters
Hi, it’s me Lily again! Guess what’s coming up in a few weeks? My birthday party!! It’s going to be a cool pool party. We’re going to have pizza, cake and some of my cousins and friends. And guess what? My birthday party is close to Halloween. Did you know that’s one of my favorite holidays? And for some reason, I really like the smell of the Halloween decorations (and I’m not talking about the candles). We really love to decorate for Halloween, and my mom said we could decorate soon. That makes me so happy because they’re so festive and creepy.You know what else festive and creepy?? Monster Rice Krispies Treats!
We got to make these recently, and they were really fun and easy. We made five different colors – black, lime green, orange, purple and my favorite color – turquoise.They’re sweet and scary and they tasted so good! I like the candy eyes the best. These are great for Halloween, but would also be awesome at a monster-themed party. And instead of setting out candy, you can make these Rice Krispie treats instead. Everyone loved them!
How to make Monster Rice Krispie Treats:
You can definitely make homemade rice krispie treats using your favorite recipe, then cut them into rectangles and follow the recipe from there. We just liked using store bought Rice Krispies Treats because it made it really quick and easy! They’ll taste great either way.
- Unwrap the Rice Krispies (or cut your homemade rice krispies into rectangles).
- Add the lollipop sticks to the bottoms of the treats.
- Melt candy melts as directed on package (35 melts will cover 3-4 rice krispies) and dip tops of the treats in melted candy. Place on parchment paper.
- Press candy eyes on while candy coating is still wet, and let them set completely. If you want them to set quicker, you can place them in the fridge – just make sure you put the parchment paper on a cookie sheet first!
The blue ones are my favorite because that is my favorite color! 😀 I hope you have fun making these monster rice krispie treats year round, but especially for Halloween!
For more fun treats to make this fall, check out:
Monster Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
These Monster Rice Krispie Treats are beyond simple to make, and the kiddos love to help. Just dip rice krispies treats in colorful candy coating, add candy eyes, and you have yourself a cute Halloween treat!
- 12 Rice Krispies Treats
- 105-140 candy melts (we used Wilton melts)
- 48 candy eyes
- lollipop sticks
- parchment paper
Begin by unwrapping your Rice Krispies treats.
Add the sticks to the bottoms of the treats.
Melt candy melts as directed on package. Dip tops of treats in melted candy and place on parchment paper (about 35 melts covered 3-4 "monsters").
Place candy eyes on the treats while the candy coating is still melted, and let set completely.
- You can make as many or as few monster treats as you like. Just keep in mind that about 35 candy melts covered 3-4 "monsters", and we placed 4 candy eyes on each one.
- You can place the monsters in the fridge if you want them to set quicker - be sure to put the parchment paper on a cookie sheet in this case.