FUN and festive gummy worm Jello cups are a creepy, creative and yummy treat perfect for Halloween. SO easy and kids love them!!
Halloween jello cups
I love SUPER fun and festive Halloween treats!
The kids and I recently got in the kitchen to make something creepy AND delicious, and it ended up being a hit!
When green jello and gummy worms are involved, you know it’s going to be good. And it was! These creepy cups are perfect for Halloween!
How to make
JELL-O. Make Jell-O as directed on the box. Pour Jell-O into your cups and refrigerate for half hour.
GUMMY WORMS. Add gummy worms hanging over the sides. Place back in fridge.
REFRIGERATE + SERVE. Refrigerate for another half hour and add a gummy worm to the middle if desired. Continue refrigerating until set. Add Whipped Cream and sprinkles before serving.
NOTE: We experimented on this and didn’t realize that if you put the gummy worms in right after you pour the Jell-O into the cups, the gummy worms DISSOLVE (because of the heat). t’s important to refrigerate the Jell-O for at least half hour before putting the gummy worms in. 🙂
After putting the Jell-O in the fridge for 1 hour, we also put a gummy worm in the middle. Waiting an hour meant it was just thick enough for the worm to stay mostly standing up (and not sunk on the bottom).
Variations + Storing Info
We kept our treat pretty simple and loved the result. Should you like to change this treat up a bit you can. Here are a few ideas to get the creativity flowing:
- Have fun with other flavors. Orange and Grape would make cool Halloween colors, but any color Jell-O can be used.
- You could even layer the Jell-O flavors. Pour the bottom half of the cup with one color, chill until solid then add the top half with another color. Chill the top section a bit before adding in the gummy worms.
- Use gummy body parts for extra Halloween creepiness
- Add a Marshmallow Monster face:
- 10 Jumbo Marshmallows (two per cup
- On the circular side of the marshmallow draw a black eyeball.
- When the Jell-O begins to set, place the marshmallows into the Jell-O. Make sure the black eyeballs are up against the side of the clear cup.
- Once the Jell-O has set completely, finish drawing a face on the outside of the cup.
Because this treat does take time to chill I would recommend making it ahead of time so that you can be sure it is ready to serve. For best results, you can make this the day before. Once the Jell-O has set, cover the Jell-O with foil or plastic wrap and store in the fridge.
STORE leftover Jell-O cups can be stored, covered, in the fridge for up to a week. Be aware that the whipped cream may lose some volume and the gummy worms may change in texture a bit, but it is still edible and pretty tasty.
Do not freeze.
For some more Halloween Recipes, check out:
- Healthy Halloween Snacks
- Pumpkin Guac
- Flatbread Halloween Recipes
- Monster Sandwiches
- Gooey Monster Cookies
- Skeleton Pudding Cups
- Halloween Puppy Chow
Gummy Worm Jello Cups Recipe
- 6 oz Lime Jell-O mix
- 2 cups water boiling
- 2 cups water cold
- gummy worms
- whipped cream
- Make Jell-O as directed on the box. Pour Jell-O into your cups and refrigerate for half hour.
- Add gummy worms hanging over the sides. Place back in fridge.
- Refrigerate for another half hour and add a gummy worm to the middle if desired. Continue refrigerating until set.
- Add Whipped Cream and sprinkles before serving.