Soft and delicious Halloween cookies with just the right amount of spooky. Easy to make and easy to decorate!
These ghoulish delights are perfect for all of your special Halloween gatherings. Or a sweet activity to do at home with this kiddos! For more Halloween fun try Halloween Sugar Cookie Cake, Graveyard Dirt Cake, Chocolate Spider Trifle.
Perfect for Parties!
I love fall and Halloween. One of my fave parts is all of the gatherings and parties! It is so fun to make special treats with the kids. We love to do fun and simple activities together, and they especially love when they can get in the kitchen to help with treats.
These cookies are not only soft and delicious, but they are super fun! You get that delicious cookie flavor the adults will love, with a fun decoration the kids will adore.
These are easy to decorate so it’s fun to include everyone. The best part is the toppings are super yummy too. It’s fun to see the kids’ and their different takes on monster decorations for each cookie.
How to Make Halloween M&M Cookies
Picture Perfect: The key to making the cookies look pretty is to add a few M&M’s on top of the cookie dough balls right before baking (or right after if you don’t want to see the M&Ms crack on top).
CREAM. In a mixing bowl cream together sugars, butter and oil.
ADD. Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
MIX. Add dry ingredients, as well as vanilla, and mix until combined.
STIR. Stir in ½ c chopped M&M’s. (You can add more or less according to your preference)
SCOOP & DECORATE. Scoop onto a baking sheet. Add a few whole M&M’s, eye candies and sprinkles on the top of the dough balls.
BAKE. Bake at 350 for 7-8 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking sheet.
- Chewier: For a chewier cookie increase the amount of brown sugar you use to 1 ½ cup and reduce the white sugar to ½ a cup
- Size: You can easily make them mini or “monster” size by changing the size of the dough balls. Make sure you also adjust the bake time, reduce the time for smaller cookies and increase the time for larger ones.
- Use any fun Halloween theme candies or sprinkles that you want such as Reese’s Pieces, Halloween colored jimmies or Halloween shapes sprinkles
Freezing, Storing + More M&M treats
Freezing the Dough: To freeze place cookie dough balls on a baking sheet. Stick it in the freezer. Once the dough is solid transfer them to a freezer safe ziploc. Freeze for up to 3 months. To bake, allow them to thaw a bit before putting them in the oven. You may need to add an extra minute or two to compensate for the chillier dough.
Storage: Store baked cookies in an airtight container on the counter or in the freezer. When storing at room temperature add a piece of white bread into the container to help keep them softer longer, store for 3-4 days. They can last for 2-3 months in the freezer.
More M&M Treats:
- M&M Chocolate Bars
- M&M Cookie Cake
- Thin Mint M&M Brownies
- White Chocolate M&M Popcorn
- Peanut Butter M&M Cookie
For more halloween treats:
- Halloween Sugar Cookie Cake
- Gooey Monster Cookies
- Halloween Puppy Chow
- Monster Rice Krispy Treats
- Mummy Cookies
Halloween Cookie Recipe
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl cream together sugars, butter and oil.
- Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
- Add dry ingredients, as well as vanilla, and mix until combined.
- Stir in ½ c chopped M&M's. (You can add more or less according to your preference)
- Scoop onto a baking sheet. Add a few whole M&M's and sprinkles to the top of the dough.
- Bake at 350°F for 7-8 minutes. Add a few candy eyes to the top of baked cookies. Allow to cool on the baking sheet.