Apple Monster Teeth are a healthy and spooky snack, perfect for your Halloween spread. They are fun for the whole family!
Get your spook on with these healthy Apple Monsters. Bring on the Halloween sweets by adding our fan-favorite Monster Suckers, Monster Rice Krispie Treats, and Monster Cookies!!
A spooky kid-friendly treat
These silly Apple Monster mouths are sure to please your kiddos. They are a cute and spooky snack that is healthy and fun! They would make a delicious kid-friendly appetizer for a Halloween party.
The prep time is minimal, and the best part is the kids can easily help assemble Apple Monsters to create their own silly faces!
With so much candy floating around during Halloween, it’s fun to have a healthy alternative that is still tasty and fun. Your kids will LOVE these silly Apple Monsters for some tasty snack time fun!
Assembling apple monsters
PREP FRUIT. Quarter apples and remove core. Cut a wedge from the outside of each apple. Thinly slice strawberries vertically (to create tongue shape).
PEANUT BUTTER. Pipe a line of peanut butter down the cut wedge.
DECORATE. Insert strawberry tongue into the peanut butter. Press yogurt raisins into the peanut butter in a line above the strawberry tongue. Attach candy eyes with a dot of peanut butter.
Best apples to use: I like the tart contrast of Granny Smith Apples along with the other ingredients, but any variety of apple will work. No matter what apple you choose to use, be sure to check for bruises, punctures to the apple, and firmness.
These apple monsters are easy to change up according to taste preferences, or to make them allergy friendly. They are naturally gluten free and dairy free.
Apples. These monsters work best using apples, but you could try a firm and crisp pear or peach.
Teeth. Instead of yogurt raisins for teeth try:
- candy: mini marshmallows, white chocolate chips, milk chocolate, peanut butter, or butterscotch chips
- nuts: peanuts, almonds, chopped pecans or walnuts
- seeds: pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- fruit: dried cranberries or raisins
Tongue. Instead of strawberries, try using cut up Fruit by the Foot, a triangle of sliced cheese, sliced kiwi, or a purple grape cut lengthwise.
Edible Eye. In order to make this whole treat edible, we use candy eyes. They come in different sizes, and sometimes I can find ones that have different colored pupils. In place of candy eyes: use blueberries, cut some mini marshmallows in half, or slice some green grapes and stick a mini chocolate chip in the center of each piece.
Peanut Butter. Use a dab of almond butter, Nutella or sun butter instead of regular peanut butter. If you want to venture away from nut butter, try using cream cheese or strawberry jam and use a contrasting ingredient for the teeth.
Make ahead of time
Make these completely ahead of time, or simply prepare the different ingredients the day before to make assembly go more quickly.
- Completely assembled – Place them on a tray, cover with plastic wrap, and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Prepare the ingredients – Keep ingredients in different containers and store in the fridge or counter until ready to assemble.
- Keep apples from browning – These are monsters, so a little browning might enhance their spookiness. Should you want to limit the amount of browning, use Ball Fruit Fresh or lemon juice. Prepare a bowl with 1 cup water and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Place the apple slices in the mixture and soak for 3-5 minutes. Drain, rinse, and pat dry.
For more Halloween Recipes:
- Best Halloween Drinks
- Healthy Halloween Snacks
- Pumpkin Quesadillas
- Mummy Hot Dogs
- Halloween Flatbread Pizza
Apple Monster Teeth Recipe
- 2 apples green and gala
- 1 pkg Wilton candy eyeballs
- 6 oz vanilla yogurt raisins
- 1 c peanut butter
- 3 strawberries
- Quarter apples and remove core. Cut a wedge from the outside of each apple. Thinly slice strawberries vertically (to create tongue shape).
- Pipe a line of peanut butter down the cut wedge.
- Insert strawberry tongue into the peanut butter. Press yogurt raisins into the peanut butter in a line above the strawberry tongue. Attach candy eyes with a dot of peanut butter.
Ok, these are the cutest!! Too cute to eat!! These will be perfect for Halloween parties. The kids love them!
These are so adorable! So fun to come up with your own ideas and then get to eat them.
I bought balls fruit fresh for the first time and it really works! I used it to be able to precut the apples for kids to make these on their own. I had different teeth available and it was fun to see the different monsters that were created.