Every good Halloween party has appetizers! Check out this collection of some of the best appetizers that can easily be made into Halloween Appetizers, including dips, bites, and more!
What makes for a Halloween Appetizer?
Delicious, warm and inviting appetizers are perfect for your Halloween party. I have collected an assortment of some of our favorites.
Once you have your appetizer menu planned the next question is HOW MUCH to make. Here’s a good rule of thumb to follow:
- If you are planning to serve dinner then you will only need about 3-5 appetizers per person.
- If you do not plan to serve dinner you will want to increase the amount per person according to how long your event lasts. For a 2-4 hour event serve 8-12 appetizers per person. For an event lasting longer than 4 hours plan to serve 12-15 appetizers.
Since the appetizers themselves aren’t necessarily Halloween themed you can dress up the table with Halloween themed bowls and platters. A really fun idea in turning an average appetizer into a Halloween theme is to make labels for the items.
- “Witch Fingers” for Fried Green Beans
- “Toxic Sludge” for Green Chili Cream Cheese Dip
- “Spider Eggs” for Fried Mac N Cheese
Dips are a classic for any party. Whether they’re warm or cold, they’re a go-to for most get together. We just make sure we always have chips, crackers, veggies and more for all the dipping!
- Buffalo Chicken Dip – A hot, creamy, and cheesy dip made from chicken, buffalo sauce, ranch, and three different types of cheeses! Serve with tortilla chips or bread slices.
- Pumpkin Guacamole – This is a standard guacamole recipe, but put it in front of a carved jack-o-lantern, and it looks like a barfing pumpkin! Guests will get a kick out of this appetizer.
- Easy Cheesy Spinach Dip – Another hot dip that only takes minutes to put together—made from velveeta, cream cheese, rotel tomatoes, spinach, and bacon.
- Green Chili Cream Cheese Dip – Simply take a block of cream cheese and smother it with green chile sauce, and serve on a platter with crackers! You can even make it spooky by adding olives on top to look like eye balls.
- Dill Vegetable Dip – This is our all-time favorite vegetable dip. You can serve it with a Halloween themed vegetable platter like this one from I Heart Naptime!
- 7 Layer Bean Dip – This dip consists of beans, guacamole, salsa, sour cream, and lots of other fixings. Make it spooky by drawing a spider web with squeeze-able sour cream, and making a spider out of olives.
Looking for some appetizers that are a little more hearty? Try some of these favorites
- Baked Buffalo Wings – A classic appetizer that everyone loves! Chicken drummettes hand breaded, baked, and smothered in buffalo sauce.
- Grape Jelly Meatballs – This super easy crockpot recipe only requires three ingredients! Simply put frozen meatballs, grape jelly, and chili sauce in the crock pot and three hours later you’ll have a delicious appetizer.
- BBQ Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites – Bite-sized pieces of chicken wrapped in bacon and smothered in BBQ sauce. Make sure to make a lot of this one, because it’s always the first to go at parties!
- Loaded Pork Cups – Crispy cups made from hash browns and shredded cheese, then filled with BBQ pulled pork.
- Pigs in a Blanket – You can make these look like mini mummies by wrapping the dough around them like mummy wrap and giving them little mustard dots for eyes.
- Ham and Cheese Sliders – This is an easy one to make for a crowd. Take an entire sheet of Hawaiian rolls, cut in half, fill with meat and cheese, then cover in a delicious glaze and bake.
More halloween party food
- Mummy Flatbread Pizzas – Simple and festive – these cheesy flatbreads are great for cutting up and serving at your holiday party!
- Mozzarella Sticks – Mozzarella cheese sticks breaded and fried to gooey, cheesy perfection.
- Cheesy Pumpkin Quesadillas – Delicious, cheesy and easy pumpkin quesadillas made out of flatbread!
- Fried Green Beans – Fresh green beans breaded in a delicious and flavorful homemade batter, then fried. Add an almond on top to make them look like witch fingers!
- Cheesy Pizza Rolls – Mini pizza rolls made from canned biscuits and all your favorite pizza ingredients.
- Fried Mac N Cheese – This is a copycat recipe of one of our favorite appetizers from Cheesecake Factory—delicious savory balls of melty, cheesy macaroni.
- Deviled Eggs – A classic appetizer recipe made from hardboiled eggs. Mix the cooked egg yolks with sauces and seasoning to create a tasty filling placed back inside the cooked egg whites. Add on olive in the middle with chopped olives on the sides to look like spiders
- Jalapeño Poppers – Spicy fried jalapeño poppers stuffed with a deliciously cheesy filling.