Crispy fried green beans making all of your appetizer dreams comes true! Breaded with seasoned bread crumbs and fried to crunchy perfection!
Have you tried Green Bean Fries?
What’s better than cooked green beans? Green bean fries of course!
We can’t get enough of these crispy bites of heaven. We love making fried green beans for game day appetizers, an afternoon snack, or for dinner parties with friends and family! Make sure to have some dipping sauces handy—we love dipping ours in cold ranch dressing.
I love the satisfying crunch of each bite of these green bean fries. We always fry up a big batch of these yummies because they do not last long around my family—they are just too good! The green beans stay tender while the breaded outside has just the right amount of crunch.
If you’ve never fried your green beans before, now is your chance! You’re going to fall in love with this appetizer/snack idea.
How to Make Fried Green Beans
Making these green bean fries is a lot easier than you might think. Don’t be intimated by the frying part- I’ll walk you through it!
BLANCH. First you need to blanch the green beans by bringing a pot of water to a boil and cooking the beans for about 2 minutes or until they turn bright green. Immediately add beans to an ice bath (bowl of ice water). Drain the beans and pat them dry with paper towels.
COAT. Meanwhile, heat the oil on medium-high heat in a large sauce pan or deep fryer. While the oil is heating, add flour to a bowl, beaten egg to a separate bowl, and bread crumbs to another bowl. Dredge the green beans in flour, transfer to egg mixture and coat. Add to bread crumbs and make sure entire bean is coated.
FRY. Fry the green beans in oil until golden brown (about 4 minutes) and once fried, add to paper-towel lined plate to drain excess oil.
Serve immediately! Here are some dip ideas:
fried green beans recipe Variations + Tips
Baking. If you’d prefer to make these in the oven, lay them on a greased baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 425 degrees or until they are golden brown. Easy!
Air Fryer. Do you have an air fryer? Place your breaded green beans in the air fryer at 390 for about 5 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
Leftovers? I don’t recommend storing leftovers of these green bean fries. They are definitely best eaten immediately after cooked. They will begin to get soggy if you keep leftovers and reheat them. I promise you won’t have any leftovers because these are too tasty!!
For more green bean recipes, try:
For more veggie appetizers, check out:
Fried Green Beans Recipe
- 1 lb green beans fresh
- ½ cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs seasoned
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Blanch green beans by bringing a pot of water to a boil and cooking beans for about 2 minutes (or bright green). Immediately add beans to an ice bath (bowl of ice water). Drain beans and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat oil on medium-high heat in a large sauce pan or deep fryer.
- While oil is heating, add flour to a bowl, egg to a separate bowl (beaten) and bread crumbs to another bowl.
- Dredge green beans in flour, transfer to egg mixture and coat. Add to bread crumbs and make sure entire bean is coated.
- Fry green beans in oil until golden brown (about 4 minutes) and once fried, add to paper-towel lined plate to drain excess oil. Serve warm with dips.