This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Crispy Fried Green Beans will make all of your appetizer dreams come true. They are breaded and fried to crunchy perfection!
Have you tried Green Bean Fries?
What’s better than cooked green beans? Green Bean Fries of course!
We can’t get enough of these crispy bites of heaven. We love making Fried Green Beans for game day appetizers, an afternoon snack, or for dinner parties with friends and family!
Make sure to have some dipping sauces handy. We love dipping ours in cold Ranch Dressing.
I love the satisfying crunch of each bite of these Green Bean Fries. We always fry up a big batch of these yummies because they do not last long around my family—they are just too good!
If you’ve never fried your green beans before, now is your chance! You’re going to fall in love with this appetizer/snack idea.
How to make fried Green Beans
Making these Green Bean Fries is a lot easier than you might think. Don’t be intimated by the frying part- I’ll walk you through it!
BLANCH. First, blanch the fresh green beans by bringing a pot of water to a boil and cooking the beans for about 2 minutes or until they turn bright green.
Immediately add beans to an ice bath (bowl of ice water). Drain the beans and pat them dry with paper towels.
PREP. Meanwhile, heat the oil on medium-high heat in a large saucepan or deep fryer. While the oil is heating, add flour to a bowl, beaten egg to a separate bowl, and bread crumbs to another bowl.
COAT. Dredge the green beans in flour, transfer to egg mixture, and coat. Add to bread crumbs and make sure the entire bean is coated.
FRY. Fry the green beans in oil until golden brown (about 4 minutes). Once fried, add to a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil. Serve immediately!
alternative cooking methods
Bake. If you’d prefer to make these in the oven, lay them on a greased baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 425°F or until they are golden brown. Easy!
Air fry. Place your breaded green beans in the air fryer at 390°F for about 5 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
Dip these crispy Fried Green Beans into one of our favorite dipping sauces:
Tips + Storing Info
Spice them up. Toss the bread crumbs with a bit of extra spice such as cayenne pepper, garlic salt, paprika, or Italian seasoning.
Cooking oil. Use a cooking oil with a high smoking point. Vegetable oil, canola oil, and peanut oil are all good choices. Be sure the oil reaches about 375°F.
- If the oil is too hot, the beans will burn.
- If the oil is too cool, they’ll just soak up the oil without frying.
- Make a couple of test beans and adjust the temperature as needed.
STORE. I don’t recommend storing leftover Green Bean Fries. They are definitely best eaten immediately after being cooked.
If you do need to reheat, I recommend using the air fryer. You probably won’t have any leftovers though because these are too tasty!!
For more green bean recipes, try:
- Green Bean Bundles
- Crock Pot Green Beans with Bacon
- Green Bean Casserole
- Chicken and Green Bean Casserole
- Fresh Green Bean Casserole
- Roasted Green Beans
Fried Green Beans Recipe
- 1 lb green beans fresh
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs seasoned
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Blanch green beans by bringing a pot of water to a boil and cooking beans for about 2 minutes (or bright green). Immediately add beans to an ice bath (bowl of ice water). Drain beans and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat oil on medium-high heat in a large saucepan or deep fryer.
- While oil is heating, add flour to a bowl, egg to a separate bowl (beaten), and bread crumbs to another bowl.
- Dredge green beans in flour, transfer to egg mixture, and coat. Add to bread crumbs and make sure the entire bean is coated.
- Fry green beans in oil until golden brown (about 4 minutes). Once fried, add to a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil. Serve warm with dips.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.