Spicy fried jalapeño poppers are a classic appetizer that everyone wants! Bite into these cheesy poppers for a flavor explosion!
A classic appetizer, these Jalapeño poppers are warm, cheesy and delicious. Served on their own or dipped, you can’t go wrong with this dish. If you love it, you’ll also enjoy our jalapeño popper dip!
Jalapeño poppers are one of my favorite go-to appetizer recipes. These little bites of heaven are fried until they a golden brown and all that cream cheese goodness is melted inside.
The flavors in these poppers are AMAZING. Spicy and cheesy and just downright addicting! Perfect for people who love a good amount of spice, crunch and cheesy-ness (they’re similar to our Sausage Stuffed Jalapeños).
Unfortunately, these bad boys don’t last long in our home (they’re gone in minutes!) The crispy crust is deep-fried and will not slip off after you take them out to dry. If you love jalapeño poppers as much as we do then you should try our jalapeño popper dip! It’s super tasty and also a great appetizer that we really enjoy.
How to Make Jalapeño Poppers
Don’t be intimidated by the deep-frying portion of this recipe. It’s super easy – I promise!
FILLING. Start by mixing the cream cheese and shredded cheese in a bowl. After it’s mixed, spoon a few tablespoons of this mixture into the pepper halves.
BREADING. Place the milk, flour and bread crumbs in small separate bowls. Dip the jalapeños in milk, then flour, then back in milk. Dip the peppers in the bowl with bread crumbs making sure it is all coated. If you want to make sure they are extra coated, re-dip in milk and then back in breadcrumbs.
FRY. Heat up the oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Fry each jalapeño peppers for a few minutes or until golden brown. Let the poppers drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Make sure to serve them warm with ranch (have you made our homemade ranch sauce?) or other dipping sauces.
MORE COOKING OPTIONS:
OVEN: You can bake these poppers instead of frying them if you’d prefer. Just preheat the oven to 400 degrees and bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown and the cheese is melted inside.
AIR FRYER: You can also air fry them. Turn the air fryer to 375 degrees. Cook them for 10-12 minutes until they are golden brown. Turn them halfway through so they cook evenly throughout.
VARIATIONS + REHEATING
FILLING VARIATIONS. Try switching up the fillings of jalapeño poppers to create different flavors!
- bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers
- mushrooms with goat cheese
- cheddar cheese and ground beef
- crabmeat, green chiles, and mayo
- refried beans and salsa
STORING + REHEATING. We really recommend that you eat these yummy jalapeño poppers fresh! But if you have any leftover, store them in an airtight container in the fridge. Heat them up in the oven at 400 degrees for about 10-15 minutes.
These cream cheese poppers are addicting, so don’t say we didn’t warn you. Just be prepared to want them all. 😉
For more appetizers, check out:
Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup Shredded cheese cheddar
- 10-12 jalapeno peppers halved and seeded
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- oil for frying
- Mix cream cheese and shredded cheese in a bowl. Spoon a few tablespoons of this mixture into the pepper halves.
- Place milk, flour and bread crumbs in separate bowls. Dip jalapenos in milk, then flour, then back in milk. Dip peppers in bowl with bread crumbs making sure it is all coated. (To make sure they are coated, re-dip in milk and back in breadcrumbs)
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Fry jalapeno peppers for a few minutes or until golden brown.
- Let drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Serve warm with ranch or other dipping sauces.