Cheesy Jalapeno Popper Dip has just enough spice and a perfectly crisp topping. It’s sure to be a hit at your next party!
Jalapeno Popper Dip has all the same flavors as our classic Jalapeno Poppers for a perfectly spiced appetizer! If you love a little kick of jalapeño spice, try our Sausage Stuffed Jalapeños, or Jalapeño Jelly.
creamy Dip with a kick
If you love Jalapeño Poppers you are going to love this Jalapeño Popper Dip even more!
It takes only 5 minutes to throw together and then 20 minutes to bake. This dip recipe is sure to be a hit at your next party (it’s just as good as our famous Bean Dip and Spinach Artichoke Dip)!
We love serving this Easy Jalapeno Popper Dip at any function because of its simplicity, but mostly because it’s so delicious. There is so much flavor in this dip, it’s usually gone in minutes.
How to make jalapeno popper dip
This easy Jalapeno Popper Dip takes just 5 ingredients! It’s easy and delicious.
PREP. Preheat oven to 350°F.
MIX. In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, yogurt, cheddar cheese, feta cheese, and jalapeños until well combined. Spread into a 1.5-quart shallow baking dish or small cast iron skillet.
TOPPING. In a small bowl, mix together the crushed crackers, Parmesan cheese, and butter until moist. Sprinkle over the top of the cheese mixture.
BAKE. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is golden and the dip begins to bubble. Let it cool for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with Fritos, crackers, or other chips.
Make Jalapeno Popper Dip in a Crock Pot
Heat up the creamy portion of this dip in a crockpot. Cook on LOW heat for 3-4 hours. When you’re ready to serve the dip, add on toasted ritz crackers and serve.
- To toast the crackers: Preheat the oven to 300°F and line a baking pan with parchment paper. In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, parmesan cheese, and butter. Spread evenly over the pan. Toast for about 8 minutes or until browned.
Jalapeños. Use fresh jalapeño, but take the time to chop and sauté them. Canned jalapeños are an easy option.
Greek yogurt vs. sour cream. Many Jalapeño Popper Recipes use sour cream or mayonnaise. Plain non-fat Greek yogurt tastes just like sour cream, but without all the calories and fat and it has loads of protein. If you don’t care about the nutrition, and only have sour cream on hand, use that instead.
Cheese. I used white cheddar cheese for the color (plus it’s delicious!), but you can use sharp cheddar if that’s what you have on hand.
Spice level. Control the spice with the seeds. For more heat, keep in the seeds. For a mild dip, remove the seeds. The same goes for the white ribs inside the peppers.
Serving suggestions. Our favorite foods to serve with this Jalapeno Popper Dip: tortilla chips, Ritz crackers, Fritos, pita chips, and bread cubes.
- Cook up some Bacon, crumble it, and sprinkle it on top of the dip before baking.
- Turn up the heat: add fresh chopped jalapenos to the top after baking. Add hot sauce or red chili flakes.
- Use panko bread crumbs in place of Ritz crackers.
- Garnish with green onion.
Make ahead of time. Before adding the Ritz cracker topping, cover and store the Jalapeño Popper Dip recipe in the fridge for up to 24 hours ahead of time. Before baking, make the topping, sprinkle on top, and bake.
STORE. This recipe should not be left out for more than a couple of hours. Cover and store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To reheat, microwave until heated through.
FREEZE. Store in an airtight container in the freezer. The texture may change when it thaws, but it will be just as tasty.
Some of our other favorite dips:
Jalapeno Popper Dip Recipe
For the Dip:
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup Feta Cheese about 2 ounces
- 1 4 ounce can jalapeños
For the Topping:
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed Ritz crackers 10-11 crackers
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- Fritos crackers, or chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, yogurt, cheddar cheese, feta cheese, and jalapeños until well combined. Spread into a 1.5-quart shallow baking dish or small cast iron skillet.
- In a small bowl, mix together the crushed crackers, Parmesan cheese, and butter until it's all moist. Sprinkle over the top of the cheese mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is golden and the dip begins to bubble. Let it cool for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with Fritos, crackers, or other chips.
This dip looks incredible! Can you say tailgating season?!
Yes!! This is so delicious!! I hope you give it a try soon!
Kristyn, this dip looks delicious. I love cheesy dips and this one adds a nice little twist with the heat of the peppers. Can’t wait to try this on the weekend!
I’d love to know what you think! We love it!! Thanks!
Thank goodness I found this dip. I needed something to make fast that tastes amazing. This fit the bill. Thanks!
Oops, I wanted to leave this five stars!
I am glad you found it, too!! Thank you for letting me know & giving it a try 🙂
This is delicious! Thanks for sharing it!
You are so welcome!! I am glad you like it 🙂 Thank you!
What a great idea! I bet this would be a hit at parties!
It is!! It is so tasty 🙂
Thank for you and Thank goodness i found this dip. I needed some thing to make rapid that tastes high-quality. This in shape the invoice.
I am so glad you liked it!! Thank you 🙂
We love jalapeño poppers so I made this for a party and it was a big hit! Very yummy!!
Sounds amazing! Can’t wait to try it.
Yay! Hope you enjoy the poppers!