Jalapeño Popper Dip is packed with 4 kinds of cheese, just enough spicy Jalapeños to give it a kick, and a golden crispy topping. This dip is sure to be a hit at your next party!
creamy Dip with a kick
If you love jalapeño poppers you are going to love this Jalapeño Popper Dip even more!
We love serving this popper dip at any function because of it’s simplicity, but mostly because it’s so delicious. There is so much flavor in this dip, that it is usually gone in minutes.
How to make jalapeno popper dip
The dip takes just 5 ingredients mixed together- cream cheese, Greek yogurt, shredded white cheddar cheese, feta cheese, and canned jalapeños.
MIX. After you mix all 5 ingredients together you spread it evenly into a small oven-safe dish.
TOPPING. To make the crispy topping you’ll toss some Ritz Crackers into a baggie and crush them all up. Then mix it with Parmesan Cheese (yeah, that’s that 4th kind of cheese you’ll be using) and melted butter.
BAKE. Sprinkle the topping over the dip and pop it in the oven for 20 minutes until it’s golden, bubbly, and smells amazing.
- Jalapeños: you could use fresh jalapeño’s but you’d need to take the time to chop them and sauté them, so canned jalapeños are your best friend.
- Greek Yogurt vs. Sour Cream: A lot of other jalapeño popper recipes use sour cream or mayonnaise, but plain non-fat Greek yogurt tastes just like sour cream but without all the calories and fat and it has loads of protein. If you don’t care about the nutrition and only have sour cream on hand, you can definitely use that instead.
- Cheese: I opted to use white cheddar cheese for the color (plus it’s delicious!) but you can definitely use sharp cheddar if that’s what you already have on hand.
What to serve with Jalapeño Popper Dip?
Here are some of our favorite foods to serve with this dip:
- tortilla chips
- Ritz crackers
- pita chips
- bread cubes
To make ahead of time: Before adding the Ritz cracker topping, cover and store the dip in the fridge for up to 24 hours ahead of time. Before baking, make the topping, sprinkle on top and bake.
Leftovers: This recipe should not be left out for more than a few hours. If there are leftovers, cover and store in fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat, just stick in the microwave until heated through.
For more dip recipes, check out:
- Cream Cheese Bean Dip
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 7 Layer Bean Dip
- Hamburger Queso Dip
- Homemade Guacamole
- Crack Chicken Dip
Jalapeno Popper Dip Recipe
For the Dip:
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup Feta Cheese about 2 ounces
- 1 4 ounce can jalapeños
For the Topping:
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed Ritz crackers 10-11 crackers
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- Fritos crackers, or chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, yogurt, cheddar cheese, feta cheese, and jalapeños until well combined. Spread into a 1.5-quart shallow baking dish or small cast iron skillet.
- In a small bowl, mix together the crushed crackers, Parmesan cheese, and butter until it's all moist. Sprinkle over the top of the cheese mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is golden and the dip begins to bubble. Let it cool for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with Fritos, crackers, or other chips.