Chipotle ranch has just the right amount of kick. Drizzle it over salads, dip tortilla chips, or serve it on the side of your Mexican entrees.
Dip with a Kick
This chipotle ranch is no different. It has a really yummy kick to it, making it a great dressing for southwest style salads, or a dip for Mexican style entrees like tacos or taquitos.
Regardless of how you use it, I think you’ll enjoy this spicy variation of traditional ranch dressing.
How to Make Chipotle Ranch
JUST BLEND! All you have to do is throw all the ingredients in the blender, and blend until well combined. Simple as that!
Chipotle in Adobo: The chipotles are dried smoked jalapenos, but the adobo sauce is what provides the flavor and the heat. Adobo sauce is made up of a blend of puréed tomato, vinegar, garlic, chili powder, peppercorns, cumin and probably other spices depending on the brand.
- You can find the can in the Mexican food aisle.
- ONLY use ONE pepper from the can. If you like hot spicy dressing then go ahead and use 2 peppers. You can also adjust the spice level by adding some of the Adobo sauce.
- If you want it more runny for a dressing, we suggest adding a little milk to thin out the mixture.
Ways to use it
You can either use chipotle ranch as a salad dressing or a dip. Here are a few recipes we like to use it with:
Really the options are endless! Anything you would use classic Ranch Dressing for, you can use chipotle ranch for.
For more Mexican dips, try:
Chipotle Ranch Recipe
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp ranch dressing mix
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 chipotle pepper from can in adobo sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic pepper
- Place all ingredients in the blender and mix until well combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve. ENJOY!