These Loaded Nachos are piled high with chips, beef, beans, cheese, pico de gallo, and avocado. They’re the perfect game day food, are easy to make and are so easy to customize based off of your favorite nacho toppings.
These nachos can count as your meal because they’ve got it all- carbs, proteins, veggies, dairy… I mean they’re pretty much a taco just in a different form.
Now, if you’re going to go to the trouble of making all the toppings you might as well make a lot (Go big or go home!) So a whole pan worth of nachos is what you’ll be making with this nacho recipe.
How to Make Loaded Nachos
To make these Loaded Nachos you first have to get your pico de gallo ready. It’s super easy to make and tastes amazing. All it takes is a few tomatoes, onions, jalapeno (more if you like things hot!), lime juice, and cilantro. Mix it all together and let it sit for a little bit to let the flavors come together.
As much as I like the pico, avocados, and sour cream, what makes these nachos is the MEAT. Brown your beef with some sweet onion in a skillet, drain off the excess fat, add the water and taco seasoning, cover and simmer on low. I like to simmer mine for about 10 minutes so it gets nice and tender. Then I add in the black beans (sometimes with an extra tablespoon of taco seasoning for more spice) and simmer for another 5 minutes so the beans are warmed and tender.
As we already mentioned, these nachos can be made to your liking. Here are some of our favorite nacho toppings…
Best Nacho Toppings:
- Meat (ground beef, steak or chicken)
- Cheese (we love Mexican blend or Monterrey Jack best)
- Beans (refried, pinto or black)
- Sour Cream
- Green Chiles
- Avocados or Guacamole
- Salsa – Red Salsa or Sweet Salsa Verde
Once you have all the parts for your nachos ready to go you can assemble them. This pan of nachos doesn’t have just one layer of chips but TWO! Yep, top your chips with the meat mix and cheese, and repeat! Pop it in the oven for a few minutes until the cheese melts and then add the topping and dig in! Enjoy!
This recipe is perfectly paired with these other Lil’ Luna recipes:
For more similar recipes, check out:
- Loaded Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries
- Queso Blanco
- Tamale Pie Dip
- Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- Avocado Lime Ranch Dip
How to Make Loaded Nachos:
Loaded Nachos Recipe
- 8 ounce chips
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup water
- 1 15 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 4 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 large sweet onion diced, divided
- 3 roma tomatoes diced
- 1-2 jalapeno finely diced
- 1/3 cup Cilantro chopped
- 1 juice of lime
- salt to taste
- 10 ounces cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 avocado diced
- Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Make the pico de gallo by mixing together 1/2 of the chopped onion, 3 Roma tomatoes, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, and salt. Set aside.
Add the beef and other half onion in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink and onions are translucent. Drain off the fat, and mix in the water and taco seasoning. Bring to a simmer, cover and turn down to low. Simmer for 8-10 minutes until tender. Stir in the black beans (add another 1/4 cup water if too thick) and simmer another 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line a large rimmed baking sheet with a layer of chips.
- Spoon half the meat/bean mixture over the chips followed by half the cheese. Add a second layer of chips and repeat with meat mixture and cheese. Place in the oven for 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted.
Top with pico de gallo, avocados, extra cilantro, and sour cream. Serve immediately.
For all Appetizers, CLICK HERE.