Have you guys ever been to Cafe Rio?? It’s one of our family’s all-time favorite restaurants and one that we frequent often. The hubby and I love everything there and the kids love their rice and quesadillas. The restaurant is only located in Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Maryland, Montana,Nevada, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and Wyoming so if you live outside these states or haven’t visited any of these states in the last few years, you probably haven’t been there. No worries though because today, I’m bringing you a copycat recipe for Cafe Rio’s Shredded Chicken. Basically, it’s a delicious chicken recipe that is perfect for salads, tacos or burritos. Back in October, we had a 40th wedding anniversary party for my parents and we decided to make it a Cafe Rio night. We provided all the meat and fixings, and everyone put together their own meal, whether it was a salad or burro. The chicken turned out so good, and I’m so glad I gave it a try. It’s flavorful and is something I can double and freeze if there are leftovers for future meals!! It tastes very similar to Cafe Rio’s recipe and is just so good that it’s now my go-to chicken recipe. If you’d like to try it at home, here’s the recipe:
Cafe Rio’s Shredded Chicken printable recipe:
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup zesty Italian dressing
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ TB chili powder
- ½ TB ground cumin
- 3 TB ranch dressing mix
- ½ cup water
- Spray inside of crockpot with cooking spray. Add chicken to slow cooker.
- In a small bowl combine Italian dressing, minced garlic, chili powder, cumin, ranch dressing and water. Pour over chicken and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken from crockpot and shred. Add chicken back to juices and serve with salad/burritos/tacos. ENJOY!
Recipe adapted from Simply Happenstance.
Not only is this chicken delicious, but it’s simple and can be used in so many ways. Whether it’s burritos, tacos, quesadillas, chimichangas, taco salad or tacos, I think you’ll love it!!
For more great recipes perfect for a Mexican food night, check out:
For all Lil’ Luna recipes go HERE.
For all Mexican recipes go HERE.