Happy April, folks! I hope your March was fantastic and that you’re ready to take on a new month. April is one of my very favorite months, for lots of reasons. One of those reasons being, EASTER candy! I don’t know why, but chocolate in the shape of an egg is just so much more satisfying then a boring ol’ circle. Reese’s Eggs and Cadbury Eggs in any size or style are my favorite. Put them on a Rice Krispies treat, and you’ve got something awesome (Like these)! What kind of Easter candy are you drawn to?
Today’s tried and true has nothing to do with Easter candy, or chocolate, or eggs of any kind. I just can’t mention April without thinking about how happy the candy makes me. 🙂 You know what else makes me happy?! Dip! I’ve mentioned before that we’re all big dippers in this family. Dipping just seems to make things taste better.
With Cinco de Mayo happening right after April, we wanted to make sure we shared some yummy recipes for you guys to try for the fun holiday. We love our Green Chili Enchiladas, and after seeing a chicken enchilada dip on Recipe Runner, we knew we wanted to try it! We like the taste of sour cream in recipes better than greek yogurt and decided to do all Monterey Jack cheese and loved how it turned out. The recipe can be made in the crock pot like the original, but we decided to bake it in the oven and it turned out delicious. If you love all the flavors of green chili enchiladas, you’ll love this cheesy dip! Here is the recipe…
If you love the flavors of enchiladas like we do, you’ll love this dip. It really does taste like creamy, cheesy enchiladas!!
Chicken Enchilada Dip:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup light sour cream
- ½ cup green enchilada sauce
- 7 ounce can diced green chilies
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Whisk together cream cheese, sour cream, enchilada sauce, green chiles, and all spices in a large bowl.
- Fold in your shredded chicken and ¾ cup cheese.
- Add everything to a cast-iron skillet and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with the remaining ¼ cup cheese and stick it under the broiler until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
- Serve with chips, crackers, or vegetables. ENJOY!
Adapted from Recipe Runner.
TRIED & TRUE FINDINGS:
- DIFFICULTY: easy
- HOW MANY DOES IT FEED: 8+
- ANY CHANGES MADE: used sour cream instead of the greek yogurt
- ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT TIME: none
If you like tamales, this dip tastes just like them:
For more of our favorite Mexican-style dips, check out:
BEHIND THE SCENES AT LILLUNA.COM:
My Evie couldn’t get enough of this dip!