If you love the flavors of enchiladas like we do, you’ll love this dip. It really does taste like creamy, cheesy enchiladas in a delicious appetizer form.
Enchiladas in Dip Form
One of our favorite dips happens to be a take on a classic dinner recipe – Green Chili Enchiladas. This chicken enchilada dip tastes just like this classic dish but in appetizer form.
With sour cream, chicken, cheese, green chiles and more – this appetizer is hard to resist. Serve it at your next party with tortilla chips, crackers or veggies and you won’t be disappointed.
Making Enchilada Dip
This dip is beyond simple and takes just a few minutes to throw together. Begin by preheating the oven to 375.
MIXING. Whisk together the cream cheese, sour cream, enchilada sauce (store bought we prefer Las Palmas, but we also have a homemade version), green chiles and all the spices in a large bowl.
FOLD. Add the chicken and 3/4 cup of cheese and fold in.
ADD TO SKILLET. Pour this mixture into a cast-iron skillet and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, add the last bit of cheese and broil for the last few minutes until bubbly and lightly browned.
CROCK POT DIRECTIONS. You can also make this in the slow cooker by mixing all the ingredients and cooking in the slow cooker on LOW for 2 hours. Once done, add to a baking dish, top with cheese and broil for a few minutes.
Additions, Substitutions and Tips
- You can substitute half of the chicken with your favorite beans, such as black beans. You can also substitute chicken with turkey ground beef.
- Add produce such as corn, olives, sautéed zucchini
- Heat it up with more jalapeños, chili flakes, hot sauce, or cayenne pepper
What can I do if my dip seems to thick or thin? If your dip isn’t the right consistency you can add a little milk or chicken broth to thin it out. To thicken add more cheese or cream cheese. Once you’ve reached the right consistency you can bake it and enjoy!
You can make chicken enchilada dip ahead of time to bake later. Mix the ingredients as directed cover the bowl and store in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Place the ingredients into the skillet and bake as directed.
Store leftover dip in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. Reheat in the microwave or oven until heated through.
For more great dip recipes, check out:
Chicken Enchilada Dip Recipe
If you love all the flavors of green chili enchiladas, you'll love this cheesy dip! Ingredients include cream cheese, sour cream, chicken, green chilis, enchilada sauce, and seasonings!
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sour cream light
- 1/2 cup green enchilada sauce
- 7 oz green chilies diced from can
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3 cups chicken cooked and shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese divided
Preheat oven to 375.
- Whisk together cream cheese, sour cream, enchilada sauce, green chiles, and all spices in a large bowl.
- Fold in your shredded chicken and ¾ cup cheese.
- Add everything to a cast-iron skillet and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with the remaining ¼ cup cheese and stick it under the broiler until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
- Serve with chips, crackers, or vegetables. ENJOY!