Like any dinner party you’ll want to plan your menu beforehand.
- Decide which dishes you want to make fresh and which dishes can be made ahead of time. (See the individual recipes for more storage and reheating information.)
- Mix in traditional favorites with a couple new dishes. Be sure to try out the new dishes beforehand to work out any recipe kinks.
- Use dishes with different flavors and textures.
Typically, for a meal with guests we like to have the following:
- APPETIZERS – 1-2 (Salsas + Dips can be made ahead of time.)
- SIDES – 1 (Rice is a great one that can be made ahead and kept WARM in the slow cooker or chafing dish)
- MAIN DISHES – 1-2 (That can be made ahead of time). Anything Fried is usually made right before serving.
- DESSERTS – 1 (Usually made ahead of time and extended with ice cream) 😉