Easy, creamy and utterly delicious Cheesy Chicken Tetrazzini is a family favorite that takes minutes to prep and is gone in no time!
Easy Chicken Tetrazzini is one of our yummiest pasta dishes. Serve it with Cheesy Garlic Bread, Baked Asparagus or even Roasted Veggies. It’s great for busy weeknights, Sunday dinners, and even holidays.
Easy Chicken Tetrazzini
What’s for dinner? Thank heavens for pasta dishes!! I have them slated on the calendar at least once a week.
Why? They are always delicious and usually loved by the entire family. I mean, you can’t really go wrong with noodles, tons of cheese and chicken, right?!
Today’s recipe for Chicken Tetrazzini happens to be one of those yummy recipes that everyone enjoys. If you look at the ingredients, it’s pretty apparent why it would be so tasty (butter, sour cream, cream of chicken, mozzarella cheese).
With those kinds of ingredients, it’s no wonder everyone (even the kids) loves this recipe! I think you’ll love the simplicity and delicious-ness of this great dinner idea.
How to Make Chicken Tetrazzini
This pasta dish is so simple and doesn’t take too much to prep.
PASTA. Cook noodles, to al dente, according to the box instructions. Drain and set aside.
SAUCE. In a medium bowl, combine ½ cup butter, cooked chicken, soup, sour cream, salt, pepper and chicken broth. Mix well and then add in cooked noodles. Stir until the noodles are evenly coated.
BAKE. Spray a 9×13 baking dish and pour in the noodle mixture. Sprinkle cheeses on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- Vegetables. Add in vegetables like peas, corn, broccoli florets, mushrooms, onions.
- Seasonings. Season with garlic salt, parsley flakes, add a little heat after it has been baked with some red pepper flakes or hot sauce.
- Pata. Substitute the linguine with fettuccine, tagliatelle or spaghetti.
- Chicken. Many grocery stores have fully cooked seasoned chicken in the refrigerator section. You can also buy thick slices of chicken from the deli to cube or a rotisserie chicken to slice and cube. This recipe is also great for that leftover chicken sitting in the fridge.
- Quick Pan Fry. Cut raw chicken into bite-size pieces. Heat some olive oil in a large skillet and add the chicken. Season with salt and little pepper. Every 1-2 minutes give the chicken a stir until cooked. To test I will cut a couple of the large pieces in half to check for doneness.
- Soup. Cream of Mushroom Soup also works in the recipe.
- Cheese. Change it up by using different cheese.
- Meat. Use turkey instead. Be sure to check out our Turkey Tetrazzini too!
SToring + Side Ideas
Make ahead of time. We frequently make this tetrazzini recipe ahead of time. Just make it as instructed except don’t top with the cheese or bake. Instead, cover tightly with foil or saran wrap and place in fridge for up to 24 hours before adding the cheese and baking.
STORE leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
FREEZE. Just make as instructed, cover tightly and freeze for up to 2 months. Just let thaw in the fridge overnight, add the cheese and bake in the oven.
What to serve with Chicken Tetrazzini?
This recipe is so simple and always a crowd favorite, and some of our go-to sides for it include:
For more favorite pasta recipes, check out:
- Turkey Tetrazzini
- Easy Fettuccine Alfredo
- Crispy Chicken & Pasta
- Creamy Garlic Penne Pasta
- Chicken Penne Pasta
Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe
- 16 oz linguini cooked
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 tsp garlic salt with parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-x-13-inch baking dish and set aside.
- Cook noodles, to al dente, according to the box instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine chicken, soup, sour cream, butter, chicken broth, garlic salt and pepper. Mix well, then stir in cooked noodles.
- Pour into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle both cheeses on top and bake, uncovered, for 36–42 minutes, until cheeses are melted and bubbling.