Easy, creamy and utterly delicious Cheesy Chicken Tetrazzini is a family favorite that takes minutes to prep and is gone in no time!
Easy Chicken Tetrazzini is one of our yummiest pasta dishes. Serve it with Cheesy Garlic Bread, Baked Asparagus or even Roasted Veggies. It’s great for busy weeknights, Sunday dinners, and even holidays.
Easy Chicken Tetrazzini
What’s for dinner? Thank heavens for pasta dishes!! I have them slated on the calendar at least once a week.
Why? They are always delicious and usually loved by the entire family. I mean, you can’t really go wrong with noodles, tons of cheese and chicken, right?!
Today’s recipe for Chicken Tetrazzini happens to be one of those yummy recipes that everyone enjoys. If you look at the ingredients, it’s pretty apparent why it would be so tasty (butter, sour cream, cream of chicken, mozzarella cheese).
With those kinds of ingredients, it’s no wonder everyone (even the kids) loves this recipe! I think you’ll love the simplicity and delicious-ness of this great dinner idea.
How to Make Chicken Tetrazzini
This pasta dish is so simple and doesn’t take too much to prep.
PASTA. Cook noodles, to al dente, according to the box instructions. Drain and set aside.
SAUCE. In a medium bowl, combine ½ cup butter, cooked chicken, soup, sour cream, salt, pepper and chicken broth. Mix well and then add in cooked noodles. Stir until the noodles are evenly coated.
BAKE. Spray a 9×13 baking dish and pour in the noodle mixture. Sprinkle cheeses on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- Vegetables. Add in vegetables like peas, corn, broccoli florets, mushrooms, onions.
- Seasonings. Season with garlic salt, parsley flakes, add a little heat after it has been baked with some red pepper flakes or hot sauce.
- Pata. Substitute the linguine with fettuccine, tagliatelle or spaghetti.
- Chicken. Many grocery stores have fully cooked seasoned chicken in the refrigerator section. You can also buy thick slices of chicken from the deli to cube or a rotisserie chicken to slice and cube. This recipe is also great for that leftover chicken sitting in the fridge.
- Quick Pan Fry. Cut raw chicken into bite-size pieces. Heat some olive oil in a large skillet and add the chicken. Season with salt and little pepper. Every 1-2 minutes give the chicken a stir until cooked. To test I will cut a couple of the large pieces in half to check for doneness.
- Soup. Cream of Mushroom Soup also works in the recipe.
- Cheese. Change it up by using different cheese.
- Meat. Use turkey instead. Be sure to check out our Turkey Tetrazzini too!
SToring + Side Ideas
Make ahead of time. We frequently make this tetrazzini recipe ahead of time. Just make it as instructed except don’t top with the cheese or bake. Instead, cover tightly with foil or saran wrap and place in fridge for up to 24 hours before adding the cheese and baking.
STORE leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
FREEZE. Just make as instructed, cover tightly and freeze for up to 2 months. Just let thaw in the fridge overnight, add the cheese and bake in the oven.
What to serve with Chicken Tetrazzini?
This recipe is so simple and always a crowd favorite, and some of our go-to sides for it include:
For more favorite pasta recipes, check out:
- Turkey Tetrazzini
- Easy Fettuccine Alfredo
- Crispy Chicken & Pasta
- Creamy Garlic Penne Pasta
- Chicken Penne Pasta
Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe
- 16 oz linguini cooked
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 tsp garlic salt with parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-x-13-inch baking dish and set aside.
- Cook noodles, to al dente, according to the box instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine chicken, soup, sour cream, butter, chicken broth, garlic salt and pepper. Mix well, then stir in cooked noodles.
- Pour into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle both cheeses on top and bake, uncovered, for 36–42 minutes, until cheeses are melted and bubbling.
Do you use the big or small cans of cream of chicken?
I halved the recipe and added a can of cream of mushroom soup because I saw another recipe that included that as well. Easy, delicious and it was plenty for my family of 5! Thanks for sharing!
My family absolutely loves this recipe! I always have to make double because if anyone in my family finds out I made it and didn’t make them some I am in trouble! Lol
Seriously Kristyn this is one of my favorite dishes!!! Comfort food for sure!
I made this recipe,frooze half of it,I am using the remaining half for a quick,easy delicious meal tonight. My family loves this chicken dish.I used left over rotisserie chicken, it was delicious thank you
Made this recipe and my children LOVED it! They had seconds including myself.
This casserole is AMAZING! It is so easy to make and my husband and kids love it. IF we have leftovers they gobble them up the next day.
This was absolutely delicious!!
I make this recipe with low carb noodles and lots of vegetables. It’s a creamy way to sneak in the healthy stuff.
Great idea!! Thank you for sharing that!! I’ll have to try that!
This is a yummy recipe, my family loves it! Very easy to make and very tasty!
Happy your family likes it!! Thank you!
This recipe looks so good and easy to make!!
It really is!! It’s one of our favorites!! Hope you try it soon!!
I have 3 teenage boys and they love when I make it.I always double the recipe.
This recipe was delicious! Also made great leftovers! I used a box and a half of noodles and a pound and an half of chicken breast and it was perfect. Otherwise I felt like I was wasting the extra sauce.
Yummy creamy comfort
Agreed 🙂 Thank you for sharing that!!
YUM to the max! I prepared this dish for dinner this evening and my family gobbled it up and asked for more. Next time, I will be sure to double the recipe to have leftovers. Thank you!
You are so welcome!! It makes great leftovers!! Thank you!
The casserole looks easy and delicious. I must try it.
I hope you will!! Hope you like it!
OM goodness! Ultimate comfort food! I halved it and it was perfect for hubby and me, with enough for tomorrow. Thank you for this recipe!
Ditto. My sentiments exactly Thea. You said it for me.
Thank you both! So glad you enjoyed the dish!
This is a good recipe but y’all forgot to tell people to add in the chicken, LOL. All joking aside it’s a wonderful dish. I’ve been making my my father’s version of chicken spaghetti probably close to 40 years. Everyone loves my chicken spaghetti, but this recipe is even better than my father’s recipe by my own admission. Well done Lil Luna. My community thanks you!
I’m so glad to hear you loved the recipe! In step 3, we did mention to add in the chicken with the rest of the sauce. It should be in there! 🙂 Thank you for the kind review and that means a lot that this recipe is as enjoyed as a family one. Thanks again!
See More Comments