Simple, flavorful, and healthy Oven roasted vegetables take less than 10 minutes of prep work! Nothing beats yummy veggies roasted in the oven!
A go-to side dish for any dinner recipe. These veggies have similar baking times, so we like to make them together and the combo is great for any meal, along with our roasted red potatoes and roasted broccoli too!
easy oven roasted veggies
Do you love to roast veggies? SO DO I! It’s the easiest way to cook up my favorite vegetables to serve as a side dish for dinner, or eat solo as a light lunch.
Sometimes it’s hard to find vegetables that can be roasted together since they typically have different roasting times. These four vegetables – potatoes, carrots, Brussel sprouts, and butternut squash- are perfect because they all take about 25-30 minutes to cook through.
Want to know why roasting vegetables in the oven is my favorite method?
- Easy clean up! Line your sheet pan with foil or parchment paper for an even easier clean up! Just toss it when you’re done. No dishes!
- The flavor! The flavor is just unbeatable. I love the olive oil and the seasonings that go on top of the veggies.
- Crispy veggies! I love the texture of my veggies when they are roasted. Crisp and cooked to perfection!
How to Roast Vegetables
A HIGH TEMPERATURE is best for roasting vegetables. Keeping your oven at around 425 degrees will be great for getting your veggies nice and crispy! So preheat your oven to 425 degrees while you prep your vegetables.
PREP. After you’ve prepped all of the vegetables, put them into in a large bowl. Add in the olive oil, garlic salt, and Italian seasoning. Toss everything around to evenly coat the veggies.
Note: Make sure to use good olive oil—not vegetable oil or canola oil. Olive oil will give your vegetables the perfect taste.
ROAST. Place your vegetables on a greased foil-lined baking sheet and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 25–30 minutes until tender, flipping over halfway through.
You can also drizzle your roasted vegetables with some balsamic vinegar right before you serve them for some extra flavor.
Want to add other veggies?
Try these vegetables that also take about 25-30 min to cook:
- acorn squash
- red onions
- bell peppers
- sweet potatoes
- halved plum tomatoes
NOTE: Not all veggies take this long to cook, so be sure to use only the ones listed above and in the recipe. Vegetables like broccoli, zucchini, squash and asparagus are often cooked quicker so you can use those too, but be sure to take those out earlier so they don’t get burned.
Variations + Roasting Tips
Feel free to switch up the seasonings for a variation on these oven roasted vegetables! Try different herbs or salts. Some that would work well are:
- freshly ground black pepper
- red pepper flakes
- garlic powder or garlic salt
- crushed garlic
Sometimes I just go simple with olive oil and a little sea salt sprinkled on top, but you could even sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top of the vegetables—always delicious!
For the Perfect Texture + How to Store
Make sure your vegetables are spread out evenly and aren’t overlapping on your pan. If they are too crowded they will steam instead of roast and might end up a little soggy.
Place your pan on a rack in the middle of your oven for the best results.
It is also important not to cover your vegetables when roasting them as this will cause them to steam instead and they won’t have the desired texture.
STORE your roasted vegetables in an airtight container in the fridge. They should stay good for about 3-4 days if stored properly.
I love WARMING UP roasted veggies in the microwave and eating them for a healthy lunch! You can also reheat them in the air fryer to keep them nice and crisp.
For more roasted veggies, check out:
Oven Roasted Vegetables Recipe
- 1 ½ cups chopped red peppers
- 1½ cups baby carrots
- 1½ cups Brussels sprouts
- 1½ cups cubed Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1½ cups cubed butternut squash
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt with parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place all veggies in a bowl and add olive oil, garlic salt and Italian seasoning. Toss to coat.
- Place on a greased foil-lined baking sheet and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 25–30 minutes, flipping over halfway through.