Happy Wednesday! I have another Tried and True recipe here to start off your morning. I bet you’re wondering what you should do for dinner. Well, wonder no more. This Lemon Chicken with Veggies dish is just begging for you to make it. It seems like there are millions of different ways to make chicken. This recipe is a new way for us! It’s simple, delicious, and perfect for dinner! It can easily be changed up too, so I’m going to try some other vegetables next time we make it. 😉
I love being able to throw something together before the kids get home from school, then let it cook while we do homework. It’s ready and perfect just in time for dinner. No crazy kids running around the kitchen at 5 o’clock while you’re trying to figure out what to make. Try it out and I bet you’ll love how smoothly your dinner prep (or as I like to call it “witching hour”) goes.
We love all the hearty veggies with this chicken and feel like you get an entire meal with this one recipe. Be sure to try it out and let us know how it goes. 😉
For even more chicken recipes, check out:
For video instructions, check out:
How to make Lemon Chicken:
- 6 TB Olive Oil
- 2 lemons, 1 thinly sliced, 1 juiced
- 4 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ pound trimmed green beans
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Coat a large baking dish with 1 TB of the olive oil. On the bottom of your dish, arrange lemon slices in a single layer.
- Combine the remaining oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper In a large bowl. One by one, you will need to coat the green beans, potatoes and chicken in the oil mixture. Start by adding the green beans first. Toss to coat. Then, using tongs, remove the green beans and place them on top of the lemon slices. Next, add the potatoes to the olive-oil mixture and toss to coat. Using your tongs again, arrange the potatoes over the green beans, along the inside edge of the dish. Last, coat the chicken in the oil mixture and place in your dish. Pour any remaining olive-oil mixture over the chicken.
- Cook at 350 for 1 hour - 1 hour and 15 minutes (or until potatoes and veggies look soft and chicken cooked through). Serve warm.
Adapted from realsimple.com.