I’m obsessed with delicious chicken recipes! It’s probably because we have chicken at least once a week so I love finding new chicken recipes to try out. We definitely have our favorites but I don’t think I could handle using the same 2-3 recipes every month. I love to change things up and find new chicken dishes to try and the one I’m sharing today is a new favorite!
Today I’m sharing a recipe for Lemon Chicken. It has so many delicious flavors including lemon, soy sauce, pineapple juice, brown sugar and more. Sounds delicious, right?! It’s fairly easy to make too and is great served by itself or even with rice or noodles. It reminded me of a mild version of the chicken found in the Spicy Chicken Salad at Pei Wei’s. Have you tried it before? It’s my favorite dish to get there, and now I feel like I can make the chicken myself at home! Even better, you can serve this with some greens and make your own salad at home. I definitely recommend giving it a try because it is so tasty and definitely won’t disappoint. 😉
Doesn’t the chicken look so delicious and juicy?! I’m seriously wishing I had a bowl right now. It’s definitely too good not to have again soon! 😉
For more Asian chicken recipes, check out:
- Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Crock Pot Orange Chicken
- Honey Sriracha Chicken
- Asian Honey Garlic Chicken
How to make Lemon Chicken:
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 1/2-3/4 cup vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground lemon pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic
Begin my making your glaze. In a medium pan, over medium heat, combine honey, soy sauce, pineapple juice, brown sugar, lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, lemon pepper and minced garlic. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer about 10-12 minutes, should be slightly thickened.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 cup oil over medium high heat.
- Place flour in a ziploc bag and pour milk into a small bowl. Add 8-10 pieces of chicken to your bag of flour and shake around. Take each piece out and dip in milk and throw back into the flour bag. Shake around and take the chicken out. Repeat until all chicken is coated in flour and milk.
- Fry chicken in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Toss chicken in your glaze mixture and serve warm over rice, noodles or salad.
Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious.
For another favorite dish, check out: