Hi folks! So, how I feel about cookies, is the same way my husband feels about Chinese food. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner – he’d have it 7 days a week! Its also something our kids love to eat. Which gives us a great excuse to look for and try new Asian recipes.
Stir fry is always a fun, quick meal – and today’s stir fry recipe is just that! It is simple to put together and is incredibly good. I love the flavor and the edamame makes even more flavorful? Since we have edamame as a side dish all the time, I knew it would be great in this Edamame Chicken Stir Fry. We love to eat Edamame from the pods, but this recipes calls for shelled edamame (soy beans), which you can get straight from the freezer aisle.
I’m so happy to report that everyone loved this dish, and I’m already excited to make it again. It would be great served with noodles, brown or white rice! Here is the recipe:
Edamame Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
- 20 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced into quarter inch thick slices
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1 cup edamame soy beans frozen
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 blob ginger paste
- 1-2 carrots peeled and thinly sliced diagonally
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp sesame oil
Combine your chicken, soy sauce, pepper, and corn starch in a bowl. Mix well and leave to marinade for 10 minutes. We chose to marinade our chicken overnight, then added the pepper and cornstarch. This is optional.
- Boil edamame in a small saucepan for 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 1 TB vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat. Add carrots and fry for 2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Sauté garlic and ginger in pan with remaining TB vegetable oil. Saute for 1 minute then add chicken and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add boiled edamame and carrots. Season with salt and stir well. Turn off heat.
- Drizzle sesame oil over chicken. Serve immediately.
Adapted from rotinrice.com
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- HOW MANY DOES IT FEED: 4-6
- ANY CHANGES MADE: Used ginger paste instead of a knob of ginger.
- ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT TIME: none
For more stir-fry recipes, check out these posts:
For all main dish recipes, go HERE.
For ALL recipes, go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂