Remember how I’m trying to eat healthier? Yeah, I know… it’s the New Year. Everyone and their mother has probably set new goals to eat healthier. The problem is, I really do enjoy healthy food, but haven’t made it a priority to make. Trying to change that this year. 😉
Today’s recipe is one that I’ve been wanting to try since I saw it last year on Pinterest. It comes from SkinnyTaste and has two of my favorite things – chicken and asparagus! I decided to give it a go and made my own version of it. The result? A super delicious and healthy meal that I could eat every week. Seriously you guys – it’s that good!! Even the hubby who isn’t a fan of stir frys really liked it. He said the only thing that could make it better was cheese, but I reminded him that I was trying to make it healthy. 😉 We ended up serving this with some rice, but it would be great by itself or with noodles too.
If you like stir frys then I know you’ll love this Lemon Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry. It’s simple, super tasty and is healthy too (can’t beat that!)
As I mentioned earlier this recipe is very simple!
Begin by cooking your cubed chicken pieces in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add a dash of lemon pepper and garlic salt along with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. One chicken is all cooked, take out (leaving the oil in the pan). From there you will add your cut asparagus. You will also add 1 more tablespoon of olive oil and a few tablespoons of teriyaki sauce and 1 teaspoon of minced garlic. Cook your asparagus on medium heat for 6-8 minutes. Add your chicken back to the pan and add some soy sauce (as much as you’d like). I also use the Soy Sauce with less sodium. 😉 Cook for an additional 4-5 minutes and add and salt and pepper if desired.
We served this over rice, but it would be great over noodles too. My husband doesn’t really like rice or noodles so he ate it alone which is also great!
Lemon Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry Recipe
- 2 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- lemon pepper
- garlic salt
- 10-12 asparagus spears ends trimmed off and cut in half or thirds
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce or teriyaki marinade
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
Begin by cutting your chicken breasts into 1 inch pieces.
- Cook chicken in a medium pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 2 TB of lemon juice. Add a little bit of lemon pepper and garlic salt.
- Once cooked, take out your chicken and set it aside.
- Cook your cut asparagus spears in the remaining oil. Add an additional 1 tablespoon of oil along with 2 TB teriyaki sauce and 1 tsp. minced garlic.
- Cook asparagus on medium head for 6-8 minutes.
- Add chicken back to the asparagus along with the desired amount of soy sauce. Cook for an additional 4 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Eat alone or serve over rice or noodles.
This is definitely a new favorite!
We have left over asparagus from last week, which means we’ll probably make it again this week. 🙂