Who here loves Asian food?
It is my FAVORITE! I try to eat it as often as I can, but the hubby isn’t a huge fan so I don’t get it as much as I’d like. 🙁 It’s not that he won’t eat it, he just liked a ton other things more. I’m so happy that my kids enjoy it though because I still make it for dinner, and Lorin is nice enough to eat it when I do make it. (Picky, I know, but he says it’s “particular” and not pick) – HA!
The Asian recipes my kids enjoy most are the noodles and rice! They LOVE it, and I admit I do too. Recently, my mom found a recipe for Crock Pot Lo Mein, so she decided to give it a try. I suggested she throw in some edamame and snow peas, and the result was amazing! If you’re a huge fan of crock pot recipes like I am, as well as Asian recipes, then I definitely think you’ll enjoy this. It has chicken but can also be substituted for other meats like pork or beef. And you can always throw in other veggies you like more, like carrots or broccoli. It’s completely customizable to what you prefer, which is awesome
If you’d like to try out our Crock Pot Lo mein version, here’s the recipe. It’s YUMMY!
Crock Pot Lo Mein Recipe
- 3 chicken breasts cooked and cubed
- 14 oz dried pasta of your choice (1 package linguine)
- 1 bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 medium carrot sliced
- 1 cup sno peas trimmed
- 1 cup frozen edamame
- 6 tsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp fresh ginger root minced
- salt and pepper to tast
- toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 can vegetable broth
- 6 tbsp tamari
- 6 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 4 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 6 tsp sesame oil
- 6 tsp rice vinegar
- 6 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp cool water
In your crock pot, whisk together all the sauce ingredients. Add minced ginger and garlic. Cook on low for 1-2 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the corn starch slurry. Add to the slow cooker and gently incorporate into the sauce. Gently mix everything together and cook on high for 10 minutes until sauce thickens up.
- Cook pasta noodles in a large pot according to package instructions. Drain and add to the slow cooker.
- About 30 minutes prior to serving, add your cooked chicken, cut bell pepper, carrots, snow peas and edamame into the pot and cook for 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and black pepper. Remove and sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.
Recipe adapted from Life Made Sweeter.
I love Asian food so much and have a ton of favorite recipes on the site!
Here are some other favorites you may enjoy:
I told you I love Asian food! 😉
For even more Asian recipes go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!