Hey guys! Back with you to share another great Asian recipe. We have several places close by that we love to order a Chinese Chicken Salad from. BJ’s has a great Asian Salad. The Habit Burger is another place we love to order this salad from. One of our favorite homemade recipes is this Copycat Applebees Oriental Salad! But when we saw this Asian noodle recipe, we wondered how it would compare to our favorites, and decided to try it. I’m glad we did, because it was awesome! It’s different than the others, because it has the linguine. But the taste is similar and oh so good. We changed it up a bit, by using coleslaw instead of spinach and we opted to leave the red pepper flakes out. Try it out and let us know what you think.
- 1 lb pasta, we used linguine
- 1 lb chicken breast, grilled and cubed
- 1 lb coleslaw
- won-ton wrappers, sliced and deep fried until crisp
- edamame, carrots, veggies (optional)
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- 2 TB sesame seeds
- ¼ tsp all spice
- ¼ cups seasoned rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 TB sesame oil
- Mix all dressing ingredients (except oils) to a glass jar. Cover and shake vigorously for 2 minutes until well blended. Add oils and shake for another 3 minutes, or until oils are emulsified into the vinegar. Chill for 2 hours, at least.
- Mix salad ingredients together. Top with dressing and mix well.
Adapted from “Grandma Sues cooking book”
HOW MANY DOES IT FEED: 8
ANY CHANGES MADE: used 3/4box linguine, no green onions, no chili flakes, no spinach used bag of coleslaw instead
ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT TIME: none
Here are some more delicious salad recipes:
For all Salad ideas go HERE.
For all Recipes go HERE.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!