Hey guys! Back with you to share another great Asian recipe. We have several places close by that we love to order a Chinese Chicken Salad from. BJ’s has a great Asian Salad. The Habit Burger is another place we love to order this salad from. One of our favorite homemade recipes is this Copycat Applebees Oriental Salad! But when we saw this Asian noodle Salad recipe, we wondered how it would compare to our favorites, and decided to try it.
I’m happy to report that it was awesome! It’s different than the others, because it has the linguine, but the taste is similar and oh so good. We changed it up a bit, by using coleslaw instead of spinach and we opted to leave the red pepper flakes out. We also added some of our favorite ingredients like carrots and edamame, which make it so good. We may even try adding sprouts next time, but it’s great as is. 😉
So many great ingredients in one salad!MY OTHER RECIPES
Summer time is always a great time to try out some new salads, so give it a go and let us know what you think. We have a feeling you’ll love it just as much as we did. Also, be sure to add your fried wontons right before serving so they don’t get soggy. Or, better yet, you can add them to a bowl and have people dish out their salad and just top with the wontons. 😉
For more asian salad recipes, check out:
Asian Noodle Salad video:
How to make Asian Noodle Salad:
- 1 lb pasta, we used linguine
- 1 lb chicken breast, grilled and cubed
- 1 lb coleslaw
- won-ton wrappers, sliced and deep fried until crisp
- edamame, carrots, veggies (optional)
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- 2 TB sesame seeds
- ¼ tsp all spice
- ¼ cups seasoned rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 TB sesame oil
- Mix all dressing ingredients (except oils) to a glass jar. Cover and shake vigorously for 2 minutes until well blended. Add oils and shake for another 3 minutes, or until oils are emulsified into the vinegar. Chill for 2 hours, at least.
- Mix salad ingredients together. Top with dressing and mix well.
Adapted from “Grandma Sues cooking book”