This PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps recipe is a copycat of a restaurant favorite. A mixture of ground chicken, minced mushrooms, and onions, seasoned and cooked in oriental sauces and wrapped in fresh lettuce. The chicken lettuce wraps are light, yet filling! Best of all, they take just 20 minutes to make!!
PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps Recipe
Today I want to share with you a quick and easy recipe that everyone will LOVE! These chicken lettuce wraps are a copycat version of a restaurant favorite (P.F. Chang’s). They’re light yet surprisingly filling. They make great little appetizers, or a flavorful meal on their own. The best part is that they come together in just 20 minutes! You definitely cannot go wrong with a simple and tasty recipe like this one.
How to Make Lettuce Wraps:
The ingredients list might look a little bit long and intimidating, but I assure you, a majority of the ingredients are simple sauces and seasonings! The steps are even more simple, and as I mentioned before, takes a grand total of 20 minutes from start to finish.MY OTHER RECIPES
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and cook the onion. Add the mushrooms and cook for another 3 minutes, then the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add ground chicken and cook until browned, then drain any excess fat.
- Season with the pepper, ginger, and all the sauces. Stir until combined, then add the chestnuts and green onions, cooking for another 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon 3-4 tablespoons of the mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf. Roll into a little wrap, and ENJOY!
If you like, you can serve with shredded carrots, crispy rice noodles, or chopped toasted nuts.
Everyone who tries these tasty wraps gets hooked, and I think you will too! They are perfect for Chinese New Year, or even as a side to one of your favorite Asian dishes.
For more Asian recipes, check out:
Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe
This PF Chang's Lettuce Wraps recipe is a copycat of a restaurant favorite. A mixture of ground chicken, minced mushrooms, and onions, seasoned and cooked in oriental sauces and wrapped in fresh lettuce. The chicken lettuce wraps are light, yet filling! Best of all, they take just 20 minutes to make!!
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 2 cremini mushrooms minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb ground chicken
- pinch ground black pepper
- 1/4 c hoisin sauce
- 2 TB soy sauce
- 1 TB oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 tsp sriracha or sambal oelek optional
- 1/4 c diced water chestnuts
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 head butter lettuce
In a large skillet set over medium heat, add olive oil. When the oil is hot, add onion and cook for 3 minutes, then add mushrooms and continue cooking for 3 more minutes. Add garlic and cook just until fragrant.
Add ground chicken and cook until browned, using a wooden spoon or thick spatula, crumble the chicken as it cooks; drain any excess fat.
Season with pepper, hoisin, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, ginger and Sriracha/sambal oelek. Stir until combined, then add the chestnuts and green onions. Cook for 3-4 minutes then remove from the heat.
Spoon 3-4 tablespoons of the mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, serve with carrots, crispy rice noodles or chopped toasted nuts.
Adapted from Damn Delicious
Go visit Natalie over at Life Made Simple for more amazingly delicious recipes!