Today, I want to share with you an AMAZING recipe that is one we love to make this time of year – Asian Cole Slaw. It is super easy to throw together and is one of the side dishes/salads that is perfect for holidays or get togethers. It takes Cole Slaw to a whole new level and is a great summer time recipe to try out.
Everyone who has had it loves it, and I think you’ll like it too!
Here’s the Asian Cole Slaw recipe:
- 2 Ramen Noodle packages (without seasoning packets)
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 1½ cups cooked chicken (cubed)
- ⅓ cup rice vinegar
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 TB soy sauce
- 1 TB mustard (optional)
- 1 package of coleslaw
- Break up Ramen Noodles into small pieces and place in a pan. Add ½ cup butter, almonds, and sunflower seeds and cook for 8-10 minutes on low-medium heat.
- In a large bowl, add coleslaw, ramen noodle mixture and chicken.
- Make dressing by combining rice vinegar, sugar, olive oil, soy sauce, and mustard in a small bowl.
- Add dressing and mix well. Serve coleslaw chilled.
Recipes adapted from Jan D’atri.
I love that this salad is so simple and perfect to enjoy this time of year!
For more yummy salads to enjoy this time of year be sure to check out:
For all salad recipes on my site go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!