Another delicious Asian dinner recipe! This Crockpot Orange Chicken is simple, and tastes even better than takeout. With breaded chicken pieces covered in a phenomenal orange sauce and cooked to perfection in a slow cooker, it’s a recipe the whole family loves!
Slow Cooker Orange Chicken
I’ve blogged about my love for China and my special connection to the country, and you may have noticed that I share a lot of Asian recipes on the site. I especially like to share these recipes around the Chinese New Year, because our family LOVES to celebrate it! In Arizona, we like to go to the Chinese Cultural Center during the celebrations for food, Kung Fu and Fan Dancing Performances, and shopping. Even if we don’t make it to the Cultural Center, we always celebrate with family festivities and great food! We have a new recipe we’ll be making for our family festivities – this Crockpot Orange Chicken!
I have always LOVED Orange Chicken and making it in the crock pot makes it even better! You need to make sure the chicken has that yummy breaded taste first which requires some work before it hits the crock pot, but it’s fairly simple (and totally worth the effort!). The orange sauce in this recipe is amazing, and the ingredients are pretty basic! You can also serve the orange chicken with rice or noodles, whichever you like most. 😉
MY OTHER RECIPES
I’m seriously obsessed with Asian food, chicken, and crock pot recipes so you better believe this one is a new family favorite that I will be making often! And if they kids eat it too, then you know it’s FOR SURE a keeper. 😉
Complete the meal by also making:
For more easy Asian meals, try:
Orange Chicken Crock Pot Recipe Video:
- 1½ pounds boneless chicken, cut in 2-inch chunks
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup panko
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 TB kosher salt
- 6 ounces (1/2 can) frozen orange juice concentrate(no pulp), thawed
- 3 TB brown sugar
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 3 TB ketchup
- Mix egg and milk in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix your flour and panko. In 5-10 piece batches, soak chicken chunks in milk mixture then in flour mixture, Repeat this twice.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil on the stove and brown your chicken on all sides. You will not be fully cooking the chicken, just giving it a nice coat. Place the chicken pieces into your slow cooker
- In a small mixing bowl, combine orange juice concentrate, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, salt, and ketchup. Add more sugar if you prefer a sweeter taste. Pour sauce evenly over the chicken, and carefully toss to coat.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours, or on high for 3 to 4. Serve warm over the rice or noodles of your choice.
Recipe adapted from A Year of Slow Cooking.