Flavorful and tender Lemon Pepper Chicken is simple and requires just a few ingredients. Served on its own or over rice, this buttery chicken dish is perfect any night of the week for a simple, quick dinner idea.
Lemon Pepper Saves the day
You know those days when everything goes wrong, your kids are driving you bonkers, and you have no idea what you’re going to cook for dinner? I know them all too well. The last thing I want to do during a day like that is spend more than one minute thinking about dinner.
That’s when you remember this grilled lemon pepper chicken. Thank goodness for simple no-fuss recipes that are full of delicious flavor! You may not be familiar with lemon pepper – the seasoning – but it’s one that can add so much flavor to a recipe (especially this chicken dish).
Today’s Lemon Pepper Chicken is coated in a little flour mixed with the lemon pepper seasoning. That gives the chicken a tasty crispy layer on the outside. After sautéing the chicken breasts in butter, they are juicy and moist inside. Chicken perfection!
How to Make Lemon Pepper Chicken
There are about 2 steps to make this lemon pepper chicken—it’s THAT easy. You’ll definitely need the McCormick Perfect Pinch Lemon & Pepper seasoning. You can find it at almost any grocery store. It’s cheap and will last you forever. It’s goes well with so many different recipes.
COAT. Mix your flour and lemon pepper seasoning together in a shallow dish. I like to use a cake pan or pie dish for this step. Take your damp chicken breasts and coat them in the flour and seasoning mixture.
COOK. Put them aside while you heat up your skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken in 2 tablespoons of butter and listen to it sizzle. I love that sound, don’t you? Cook your chicken until both sides are a golden brown and cooked through. This will usually be about 3-4 minutes on each side.
SERVE. Serve it with a few slices of lemon and your favorite rice!
Other cooking methods
Grilling: Skip the flour, and instead just coat the chicken breasts in olive oil and season well with lemon pepper seasoning. Preheat your grill to medium heat, and grill the chicken breasts for 5-7 minutes on each side until cooked through.
Baking in the oven: Again, omit the flour and simply drizzle the chicken breasts in olive oil and season with lemon pepper. Place on a greased sheet pan and bake at 375° for 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
storing & Reheating
Place leftover chicken in an airtight container. Add the juices from the baking pan if you still have it. Refrigerate for 3-4 days. To reheat:
- Microwave: Place chicken on a microwave safe dish, cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave for 45 seconds flip and cook for 45 seconds more. Continue cooking in 20 second intervals until hot.
- Oven: Preheat oven for 325 degrees F. Place chicken and juices, if you have it, in an oven safe baking dish. Bake about 15 minutes or until hot.
Let us know if you are going to try this lemon pepper chicken recipe and how you liked it! It’s so yummy and simple – I will probably make it for dinner tonight!
For more delicious chicken recipes, check out:
- Huli Huli Chicken
- Spinach & Artichoke Stuffed Chicken
- Crispy Chicken with Arugula
- Delicious Chicken Marinade
Lemon Pepper Chicken Recipe
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tbsp Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- In a shallow dish, mix Lemon Pepper Seasoning and flour. Evenly coat damp chicken with seasoned flour.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt your 2 tablespoons of butter. Cook chicken over butter until both sides are golden and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes on each side. Continue until all chicken is cooked, add additional butter if necessary.
Recipe from McCormick.