I know I’ve confessed my love for chicken before, but I’d like to do it once again – I LOVE chicken!! There are countless ways to prepare it and serve it up, which means we can make it once or twice a week and still not repeat recipes for months. It’s also a meat all my kids will eat which means we make it quite often. Today’s recipe was such a hit, I have a feeling we will be making it more than we should. It’s a Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken recipe meaning it has two of my favorite things – chicken and delicious, cheesy, spinach and artichoke inside it. The result was a very flavorful, cheesy and simple chicken recipe that I may be slightly obsessed with now.
Making this delicious recipe was so simple! You make the cheesy spinach mixture and stuff it inside a pocket made in the chicken breast. From there you secure each piece of chicken with a few toothpicks to make sure the mixture doesn’t come out. Season the chicken a bit and cook it up, and you have a very flavorful dinner that you will be sure to make again (because it’s that’s good!)
Seriously?! Look at that goodness inside the chicken!!
I can honestly say this is one of my new favorite chicken recipes! I’ve always been a fan of spinach and artichoke dip, so it was no surprise I’d like this recipe so much. Not only would it be great for any night, but it’s also great for entertaining. I know I always step up my game a bit when company comes over and this dish is sure to impress. 😉
For video instructions:
Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken:
- 1 - 8-oz. block cream cheese, softened
- 1 - 15-oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup Swiss cheese
- ¼ c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2-3 TB extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, artichoke hearts, garlic, spinach, Swiss cheese and Parmesan cheese together. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Drizzle a little olive oil on each chicken breast along with salt and pepper. Make a pocket in the chicken breast by cutting it in the middle but not all the way through the sides.
- Stuff spinach and artichoke mixture inside chicken and seal with two or three toothpicks.
- Heat remaining oil in large skillet and cook chicken for 15-18 minutes on each side. Serve warm and ENJOY!
This is another recent chicken recipe we tried and loved:
For more great chicken recipes, check out: