Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken recipe – delicious tender chicken stuffed with a cheesy spinach and artichoke mixture and cooked to perfection!
Spinach and Artichoke Chicken
Since chicken is our go-to meat, we love finding new and delicious chicken recipes. Since we’ve been long-time fans of Spinach Artichoke Dip, we thought we’d combine the two to make a Spinach and Artichoke Chicken recipe. The result was rather simple, but cheese, delicious and very flavorful.
Today’s Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Chicken is one you will definitely want to try, especially if you love chicken and you love the dip. It’s very filling, but is the perfect new dinner recipe to try out!
How to Make Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken
Making this delicious recipe was so simple! You make the cheesy spinach mixture (by combining cream cheese, artichoke hearts, minced garlic, spinach, Swiss cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper) and stuff it inside a pocket made in the chicken breast.
From there you secure each piece of chicken with a few toothpicks to make sure the mixture doesn’t come out. Season the chicken a bit and cook with olive oil in a pan for about 15 minutes on each side.
Serve warm keeping the toothpick in place until ready to serve.
Can you make artichoke stuffed chicken in the oven?
Yes, you can. Just place chicken already stuffed with spinach mixture onto a foil-lined baking sheet. Use the toothpicks to secure the chicken and then bake at 375 for about 25 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to make sure the internal temp of the chicken is 165 degrees.
How to store spinach artichoke DIP chicken?
For leftovers, place in an airtight container in fridge for up to 2 days. To reheat, place on a plate and microwave until heated through.
Can you make the spinach mixture ahead of time?
If you know you’ll be in a rush before making this chicken, you can definitely make the spinach mixture beforehand. Just combine all the ingredients and cover and place in the fridge for up to 24 hours before baking/cooking.
I can honestly say this is one of my new favorite chicken recipes! Not only would it be great for any night, but it’s also great for entertaining. I know I always step up my game a bit when company comes over and this dish is sure to impress. 😉
For more great chicken recipes, check out:
- Baked Pesto Chicken
- Creamy Swiss Chicken Bake
- Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Crescent Roll Chicken Bundles
- Crispy Baked Chicken
- Chicken Parmesan Bundles
Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken Recipe
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 15 oz artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil divided
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, artichoke hearts, garlic, spinach, Swiss cheese and Parmesan cheese together. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Drizzle a little olive oil on each chicken breast along with salt and pepper. Make a pocket in the chicken breast by cutting it in the middle but not all the way through the sides.
- Stuff spinach and artichoke mixture inside chicken and seal with two or three toothpicks.
- Heat remaining oil in large skillet and cook chicken for 15-18 minutes on each side. Serve warm and ENJOY!