Shredded chicken mixed with cream cheese, Italian dressing mix, and cream of chicken rolled into buttery crescent dough! These flavorful Chicken Crescent Roll Bundles have become a family fave.
This is one of the BEST and easiest dinner recipes using Pillsbury crescent rolls. The canned dough comes in handy when I’m in a pinch, and I can make easy meals like this one, pigs in a blanket, or spinach roll ups!
STUFFED CRESCENT ROLLS
I first had these bundles of deliciousness several years back when my assistant, Jezzy, brought them over. Her family had made them for us, and I couldn’t believe how flavorful and delicious they were. She said they were a family favorite and that they had been making them for years.
Her family calls them chicken pockets, but I’ve seen similar recipes called various things—chicken bundles, chicken stuffed crescent rolls, chicken crescent roll ups… Whatever you decide to call them, they’re going to blow your mind!
You can imagine that crescent rolls stuffed with shredded chicken, cream cheese, cream of chicken, and Italian dressing mix would be pretty awesome – and they are!!
a 30 minute meal!
This recipe only takes like 30-35 minutes from start to finish, which is perfect for our crazy busy family! That’s probably why we eat these so often – they taste like a 60 minute meal, but only take 30. 😉
GRAVY. Start by making the gravy mixture. Add cream cheese and both cans of soup to a medium pot and turn to medium heat. Add dressing mix and stir until well combined. Turn down to low heat.
FILLING. Pour most of the mixture into a large bowl, leaving enough in the pan to use as a gravy to put on the chicken bundles. Add the shredded chicken and the green onions to the large bowl and mix together. Set aside.
STUFF. Separate the crescent roll dough and place on a cookie sheet. Scoop a spoonful of chicken mix onto the crescent roll dough and roll (we fold the left side in, right side in, and then roll towards the long point).
BAKE & SERVE. Bake in the oven for 9-12 minutes. Pour remaining sauce/gravy mixture on top and serve warm.
Tips, substitutes and add-ins
Substitutes. Cream of mushroom soup or cream of celery soup can be used as an alternative for the cream of chicken soup, it is up to you and your preference.
If you would like to substitute the cream cheese you can use plain Greek yogurt though it may alter the taste and texture.
Optional add-ins. Mix any of the following in with the chicken and green onions (up to 1 cup total of extra mix-ins).
- Chopped spinach
- Chopped broccoli
- Green chilis
- Diced Jalapeños
To make things even easier you can use the canned chicken, but I prefer to use chicken that was cooked in the crock pot and then shredded or even a rotisserie chicken. 😉
For more great chicken recipes, check out:
- Barbecue Chicken French Bread
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Baked Chicken Chimichangas
- Chicken Tacos
- Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Cheesy Chicken And Broccoli Braid
Chicken Stuffed Crescent Rolls Recipe
- 2 8 oz cans Pillsbury crescent roll dough
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 8 oz pkg cream cheese softened
- 2 - 3 c shredded cooked chicken
- 1 pkg Italian dressing mix (or 3 TB)
- 2 - 3 green onions chopped - optional
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Add cream cheese and both cans of soup to a medium pot and turn to medium heat.
- Add dressing mix and stir until well combined. Turn down to low heat.
- Pour most of the mixture into a large bowl, leaving enough in the pan to use as a gravy to put on the chicken bundles.
- Add the chicken and the green onions to the large bowl and mix together. Set aside.
- Separate the crescent roll dough and place the individual triangles on a cookie sheet.
- Scoop a spoonful of chicken mix onto the crescent roll dough and roll (we fold the left side in, right side in, and then roll towards the long point).
- Bake in the oven for 9-12 minutes.
- Serve warm and top with remaining gravy if desired.