This is a recipe my family has been making for a realllly long time. We couldn’t remember where we got the recipe but only know that everyone loves it. For my family, the hubby loves it, I love it and ALL the kiddos love it, which means it’s a keeper!! We especially love to make these Rice-a-Roni Chicken Salad sandwiches for get togethers, including bridal and baby showers.
It’s really simple to make and is a great “chicken salad” recipe to make for parties. It also is a great lunch idea and saves well (if there are any leftovers), so we make it pretty often. Also, you can use rolls from the store for these, but this recipe is extra phenomenal when you make homemade rolls (here a link to our favorite Heavenly Rolls recipe). Either way you make it, this is sure to be a hit!
This is one of my favorite recipes to share with friends and family. Here is what you’ll need to make it also…
Chicken Salad recipe:
- King's Hawaiian Original Hawaiian Sweet Rolls or Homemade Rolls
- RICE A RONI - Chicken Flavor
- 1 can cooked chicken (or 1 cup shredded chicken)
- Mayonnaise (however much you like - we use about ½ cup)
- Lemon Pepper
- Make RICE-A-RONI as directed on box. Add drained can of chicken. Mix together in a bowl.
- Add mayonnaise and lemon pepper and mix well.
- Add to warm rolls and ENJOY!
Here is another salad we like to serve at showers:
Here are more of our favorite salads: