Brussel Sprout Salad is as pretty as it is tasty—full of shredded Brussel sprouts, pomegranate seeds, sliced almonds, and a little bit of shaved parmesan.
I have a newfound love of brussel sprouts, and it turns out there’s a lot of ways to enjoy them! You can roast them in the oven, caramelize them, or even leave them raw and toss them in a salad like this recipe. The options are endless!
shaved Brussel Sprout Salad
I love eating Roasted Brussel Sprouts, but recently I’ve learned that this little green veggie is just as delicious in a salad. I think this is one of the prettiest salads out there. It has so many wonderful flavors—and colors—in it!
The combination of crispy, shaved (or shredded) Brussel sprouts with sweet pomegranate seeds, topped with some parmesan shavings makes for one delicious salad. Don’t forget about the almonds—those give it a nice crunch!
Pomegranate seeds are one of my very favorite fruits. They aren’t the easiest to eat—it can be tricky getting the seeds out—but you can actually buy them pre-seeded at the store. Trust me, brussel sprout salad isn’t complete without the pomegranate seeds!
This salad is perfect for serving on the side of just about any dinner dish. It’s great with chicken, beef, pork, or even a pasta! You could even eat a smaller version of this salad for a nice light lunch. Filling and healthy!
How to Make Brussel Sprout Salad
How to shred brussel sprouts?
It’s super easy to shred up your Brussel sprouts! Here are a couple options:
- Using a knife: Cut off ends of the Brussels sprouts. Then chop the Brussel sprouts in half. Lay them cut-side-down and finely chop until they are all shredded, or chopped to your liking.
- Using a food processor: simply run your brussel sprouts through the food processor until they are all shredded.
salads Additions and substitutions:
You can add or substitute any of the following ingredients!
- dried cranberries
- chopped apples
- chopped onion
- bacon crumbles
- feta cheese
For more salad recipes, check out:
Brussel Sprout Salad Recipe
- 4 TB olive oil
- 2 TB rice vinegar
- 2 TB lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs brussel sprouts halved & thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- shaved parmesan for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk olive oil, rice vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Add Brussels sprouts and toss to completely coat.
- Let sit, tossing occasionally, for at least 20 minutes and up to 4 hours before serving.
- Before serving sprinkle with almonds and pomegranate seeds then garnish with shaved Parmesan.