Summer Corn Salad is light and flavorful, dressed simply with Italian dressing. It’s easy, quick + perfect for summer!
Corn and Tomato Salad
When asked to bring a side to share for a summer BBQ, I’m often stumped as to what to bring!
I love regular green salads, but feel they get soggy quickly. Recently, I went on the search for another recipe that could be my go-to side dish salad.
I think I found that recipe in this Summer Corn Salad. While it doesn’t need to be summer, it’s especially perfect for summertime. It’s light, flavorful and delicious!!
One of the main reasons we love this salad is that it takes less than 15 minutes to make. It’s full of corn, basil, cucumber, feta and tomatoes – some of my favorite ingredients.
It’s usually gone in minutes, and will definitely be a new favorite – especially if you love corn.
How to Make It
Putting Corn Salad together is as simple as you’d think!
VEGGIES. Start by cooking the corn until it’s slightly tender. Let the corn cool completely (you can chill it in the fridge). Add the tomatoes, cucumber and basil.
TOSS + ENJOY! Right before serving, add the oil mixture, feta cheese, and Italian dressing and toss!
Add additional garden veggies:
- bell peppers
- grilled zucchini
Substitute the feta for a cheese that has a similar crumbly texture: Ricotta, Halloumi, Queso Fresco, or Goat Cheese.
Make ahead of time. This recipe is perfect for making ahead! Especially if you’re planning a BBQ or gathering, and don’t want to worry about making a fresh salad right beforehand. Combine all the veggies ahead of time, and add the dressing when you’re ready to serve it at your party!
Corn. Using fresh corn makes the salad absolutely delicious. Frozen corn works well too. I do not recommend using canned corn.
Corn on the Cob. The easiest way I have found to cut the corn from the cob:
- Hold the cob perpendicular to a cutting board.
- Using a paring knife, slice downward, cutting the corn off in a long strip.
- Rotate the cob and slice again.
- Continue until all the kernels have been removed.
Grill. Grilling the corn beforehand will give it a delicious, charred flavor. If you’d rather not have the charcoal spots, wrap the corn in tin foil first.
- Place the cobs directly on the grill over medium-hot heat.
- Rotate every 2-3 minutes until the corn is cooked evenly all around.
- Cut the kernels off the cob, and follow the salad recipe as written.
I love the flavor of this Corn Salad recipe!! Even more, I love just how simple it is. It’s perfect as is, but adding beans might be a great addition for next time!
Complete your bbq
Here are some of our favorite entrees and other sides that pair really well with this corn salad:
- Dr. Pepper Ribs
- Easy Fruit Salad
- Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Sandwich
- Baked Beans
- Pineapple Pink Lemonade Soda
- Grilled Corn On The Cob
For more summer salad recipes, check out:
- Tomato Cucumber Salad
- Caprese Pesto Pasta Salad
- Favorite Broccoli Salad
- Brussel Sprout Salad
- Frito Corn Salad
- Broccoli Slaw
Corn Salad Recipe
- 3 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups corn fresh or thawed frozen corn
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup cucumber finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil minced
- 1/3 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp Italian dressing (optional)
- Whisk together 2 tablespoons of oil, lime juice, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cooking corn in a skillet with remaining oil until tender.
- Pour corn into a large bowl, cool slightly and add tomatoes, cucumber, and basil. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Right before serving, drizzle with dressing, feta cheese and Italian dressing (if desired). ENJOY!
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.