Asparagus Salad filled with mozzarella cheese, and cherry tomatoes, seasoned with basil, and covered in a light balsamic vinaigrette, this salad is bursting with flavor! Best of all, this quick and simple salad comes together in less than 10 minutes!
Favorite Asparagus Salad Recipe
I may be slightly obsessed with salads. I’ve shared my love for salads a few times on the site, but I need to share it once again because today’s recipe is one of my FAVORITES!! I first had this Asparagus Salad at a church function last year, and then once more at our church Easter Egg Hunt where my friend, Britt, made and brought it again (It was the same activity that I fell in love with my friend, Marie’s, Cherry Bars). I finally remembered to ask her for the recipe and was so glad I got it, because it is SIMPLE and DELICIOUS (and like I mentioned above, I’m pretty much obsessed with it).
MY LATEST VIDEOS
She had gotten it from a Medi-fast Cookbook, but changed it up a bit to make it even more simple. Britt’s simplified version of the recipe is what I’ll be sharing with you guys today. It literally takes just 5 minutes to make and really only requires cutting up some of the main ingredients, which include asparagus, cherry tomatoes and some string cheese sticks. Yup – super simple!
How to Make Asparagus Tomato Salad:
- Rinse the asparagus and tomatoes in water and cut off the bottoms of the asparagus spears, then cut them into thirds.
- Bring a few cups of water to a boil on the stove, and boil asparagus for 5-7 minutes. Drain the asparagus and place in a bowl of ice water to keep asparagus from cooking more.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half, and the string cheese into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the cherry tomatoes, asparagus and string cheese pieces.
- Pour the dressing over the top, add pepper and basil, and mix. Chill until ready to serve.
You can add as much dressing as you like, but a nice drizzle is plenty. I also think it would be great to have a balsamic reduction on there, since this recipe reminds me of a Caprese salad. 😉
For more asparagus recipes, check out:
- Cream Cheese and Parmesan Asparagus
- Asparagus Bundles
- Chicken and Asparagus Pasta
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Skewers
Asparagus Salad Recipe
- 3-4 cups water
- bowl ice water
- 1 bundle thin asparagus
- 1 small package cherry tomatoes
- 10 light string cheese
- 1/2 cup TB Newman's Own lighten Up Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
Rinse asparagus and tomatoes in water.
Boil a few cups of water on the stove.
Cut off bottoms of asparagus spears. Cut into thirds and boil for 5-7 minutes.
Drain asparagus and place in a bowl of ice water to keep asparagus from cooking more.
Cut cherry tomatoes in half.
Cut string cheese.
In a large bowl, place cherry tomatoes, asparagus and string cheese pieces.
Pour dressing over the top. Add pepper and basil and mix. Chill until ready to serve.
Recipe adapted from Lean & Green Meal Cookbook.