Simple and Quick Caprese Salad is easy and delicious with pops of mozzarella, tomatoes, avocados and drizzled with a balsamic glaze!
I love the flavors of caprese, which is why I love Caprese Stuffed Avocados, Caprese Kabobs, Caesar Salad Wonton Cups, and of course this easy peasy Quick Caprese Salad!
Eat fresh & healthy!
As I’ve been trying to come up with “healthier” meals and lunch ideas, I remembered my love for Caprese recipes. The mozzarella, basil and tomato combo is one of my favorites and I knew I’d love a salad version which is what I am sharing with you today.
This Quick Caprese Salad takes minutes to make, is delicious, and it’s filling!! I didn’t have chicken in mine, but that would also make a great addition. Instead, I decided to add some avocado because it’s my favorite and it’s a “good fat”. Right?! 😉
In past Caprese recipes, readers have had a hard time finding the glaze, but I’ve been able to find it at most grocery stores near the vinegar or salad dressings. I’ll include a pic below of the glaze I typically use for all Caprese recipes.
This is the balsamic glaze I like to use for Caprese recipes. It’s delicious!
Just mix & enjoy!
PREP. Begin by rinsing salad and adding it to a bowl.
ASSEMBLE. Add mozzarella balls, halved cherry tomatoes, salt and garlic pepper and toss. Add sliced avocados and drizzle on balsamic glaze right before serving. ENJOY!
Tips + Storing Info
- For the greens in this recipe, we used mainly spinach in this recipe, but you can use romaine, iceberg, kale, and basically any other greens that you think would go well.
- Cherry tomatoes are sweeter and have a thinner skin than grape tomatoes. Either would be good for this recipe!
- To make this ahead of time, combine the greens, tomatoes, and cheese to a bowl. You should leave the avocado unpeeled and add that with the balsamic right before serving.
To STORE, only dress individual portions of this salad and store the rest of the salad without the dressing. That way the salad will store without getting mushy, although the avocado will get brown over time.
For more salads, check out:
- Broccoli cauliflower salad
- Waldorf salad
- Southwest Caprese Salad
- Honey Mustard Chicken Salad
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
Quick Caprese Salad Recipe
- 5-6 cups salad
- 1 cup mozzarella balls
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 avocados
- garlic pepper
- balsamic glaze
- Begin by rinsing salad and adding it to a bowl.
- Add mozzarella balls, halved cherry tomatoes, salt and garlic pepper and toss.
- Add sliced avocados and drizzle on balsamic glaze right before serving. ENJOY!
So yummy! and for real so quick to put together!
Love your recipes and newsletters!!