Honey Mustard Chicken Salad is one of the heartiest, most delicious salad recipes you’ll try! With greens, fruits, nuts, and a tangy dressing, it’s a real winner.
Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson® Foods, Inc. The opinions and text are all mine.
Sweet & Tangy Salad
Loaded with fresh fruit, toasted almonds and crisp, lightly breaded chicken, this Honey Mustard Chicken salad is the perfect mid-day boost! I don’t know about you, but I love a good salad, especially when crispy chicken and homemade dressing is involved.
All of the berries and fruit give the salad a sweet flavor, while the chicken counters it with savory, and the honey mustard dressing adds a tangy flavor.
This recipe makes one large salad, so you can either enjoy it as a main dish on your own (and probably still have some leftover), or you can serve it as a side dish for multiple people. Either way, I promise you’ll be satisfied with this flavorful salad.
Greens: Ultimately it’s up to you as to what greens you want to use, but romaine and spinach usually create a good mix.
Avocados: An avocado is ripe when its firm yet yields to some pressure in your hand. It should be a darker color and not feel too mushy.
Strawberries: Ripe strawberries are deep red in color, plump, and have fresh looking green leaves. There should be no signs of green or white on the berry.
Blueberries: They should be a deep blue or purple color and be firm and not mushy. Ripe berries are not red or green and may be past ripe if they are soft and mushy.
Almonds: I used almond slivers, but you can also use chopped pecans or walnuts. For a deep nutty flavor try toasting them beforehand.
- Toasting nuts: Preheat the oven to 350°F Line a baking sheet with parchment and spread the nuts in a single layer. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until they reach the desired color. Keep an eye on them as they can quickly go from perfectly toasted to burnt.
How to Make It
CHICKEN. We used Tyson® Lightly Breaded Chicken Breast Strips for this recipe and put them in the oven first thing.
FIXINGS. While the chicken was cooking in the oven, I washed the greens, rinsed the berries and grapes, cut the avocado and grabbed the almonds.
DRESSING. Since l had a few minutes left before the chicken was ready, I decided to whip up a homemade honey mustard dressing. It was so easy!! I poured all of the ingredients into my mini food processor and pulsed away until it was smooth and creamy.
ASSEMBLE. After letting the chicken rest for about 5 minutes, I sliced up and tossed everything on top of the greens. I gave the salad a drizzle of the dressing and dug in!
Leftovers: Cover and store leftover salad in the fridge for 1-2 days. If the salad does NOT have dressing it will last longer.
For more delicious dressings, try:
- Creamy Pesto dressing
- Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Lemon Poppyseed Dressing
- Cafe Rio CIlantro Dressing
- Caesar Dressing
Honey Mustard Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 Tyson® Lightly Breaded Strips
- 3 cup mixed greens
- 1/4 cup strawberries sliced
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup grapes
- 1/2 avocado ripe, sliced
- 1/3 cups toasted almonds
Honey Mustard Dressing
- 6 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise or plain greek yogurt (optional)
- pinch pepper
- pinch garlic powder
- pinch salt
- Cook chicken strips according to package’s directions. Let cool for 5 minutes then cut into strips.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, add the greens, place the chicken, berries, grapes, avocado and almonds on top.
- To make the dressing, in a food processor or blender, combine all of the ingredients (for a non-creamy version, omit the mayo or yogurt). Pulse or blend until smooth, about 1 minute (note: you can whisk vigorously too). Pour desired amount over the salad, toss and enjoy.
Tyson® Lightly Breaded Chicken Breast Strips make the prep work a breeze.
I picked up a bag of these lightly breaded chicken breast strips in the freezer aisle of Walmart. They’re made with 100% natural ingredients which means they’re preservative free! I popped them in the oven for about 22 minutes and the result? Crispy, tender chicken with 65% less breading compared to the Crispy Original Strips. That’s right, more white meat chicken and with the same crunchy, flavorful, breaded taste.
For more great recipes from Tyson be sure to follow the Tyson Bread Chicken Pinterest Board.