Delicious Homemade Caesar Salad dressing with crispy Homemade Croutons. This simple salad dressing will become your new go-to for salads!
Sometimes, you can’t beat homemade—and this easy Caesar dressing recipe will be perfect for your next salad. It’s just as good as our homemade Ranch dressing recipe and is sure to become a family favorite.
Homemade Dressing for the win
Who here loves salad? We do, and we especially love the dressings that come with it!
I especially crave yummy salads in the Spring, and one of my all-time favorites is Caesar Salad. We have a simple Chicken Caesar Salad here on the site, but today we are sharing a homemade version.
This homemade dressing is simple and so good. It seriously tastes like it’s from a restaurant, and it’s unbelievably easy to make.
If you are craving salads right now just like I am, then you’ll definitely want to try out this Homemade Caesar Salad Dressing with Homemade Croutons. 🙂
How to make caesar salad dressing
I already told you this dressing is beyond easy to make! Most of the ingredients are ones you probably already have sitting around in your kitchen, minus the anchovy paste. 😉
I know anchovy paste sounds gross, but trust me, when you mix it all together, it helps give the dressing that distinct flavor you know and love.
I suggest you freshly squeeze the lemon juice, but if you have the bottled kind, that works too.
JUST MIX! To make the dressing, whisk together minced garlic, anchovy paste, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce in a medium bowl.
Add mayo, olive oil, cheese, salt and pepper and whisk until combined.
STORE. Store in fridge until you’re ready to toss with your salad.
Can you make caesar dressing without the anchovy paste? Feel free to omit the anchovy paste. It will have a slightly different flavor, but it will still taste great.
Truth be told, most restaurants use actual anchovies in the dressing! And most of the time we don’t even notice it. 😉
Does homemade caesar dressing need to be refrigerated? Yes. Because of the mayo, the dressing will need to be kept in the fridge. It will keep well for up to 1 week.
Can homemade caesar salad dressing be frozen? The dairy products in the dressing, specifically the mayo, will freeze well but it probably won’t thaw well. I wouldn’t recommend freezing the dressing, because the thawing results might not be ideal. But you can always try at your own risk!
Make it Into a Salad!
The dressing and croutons are really the star of a Caesar salad. Am I right?!
For a basic Caesar Salad recipe, use a bed of Romaine Lettuce add parmesan cheese, then top with your homemade dressing and some croutons. For more information about croutons, check out our Homemade Croutons recipe.
If you’re looking for a more filling and hearty salad, try this recipe for Chicken Caesar Salad.
This caesar salad dressing pairs so perfectly with the homemade croutons! And both are 100% than store bought! It’s worth the extra bit of effort in my opinion to just make them homemade.
For more great salad recipes, check out:
- Chicken Caesar Salad
- Favorite Easy Pasta Salad
- Chinese Pasta Salad
- Arugula Salad
- Waldorf Salad
- Tortellini Salad
Caesar Salad Dressing Recipe
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp anchovy paste
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese shredded (for topping your salad)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp garlic salt (with parsley flakes) with parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 loaf french bread, cut into ¾ inch cubes
- Whis together garlic, anchovy paste, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce in a medium bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, olive oil, cheese, salt and pepper and whisk until combined. Store in the refrigerator until you're ready to toss with your salad.
- For croutons, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix first 5 ingredients (butter, olive oil, seasoning, garlic salt and pepper) together in a large bowl. Add bread pieces and toss to evenly coat.
- Spread the bread cubes onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes, then toss to cook the other side for an additional 8-10 minutes.
- Turn on HIGH and broil for the last minute, being careful to watch and make sure they do not burn. Enjoy on top of your salad of choice.