I feel like the summer is almost over, and I’m wondering how in the world it flew by so quick. It seemed just days ago that I was having a baby and packing up a house and now we’ve officially been in Texas for two months. CRAZY! It’s just a constant reminder that time flies by quick and we need to enjoy every moment as much as we can.
As we try to enjoy this last month of summer we’ve been trying to spend as much time as we can outside (without melting) with BBQs and lots of popsicles. This next recipe is a must at any family BBQ because it is so good and is very easy to make. My little sister has been making it for our family functions for at least five years now and it’s always a hit with everyone when we make and bring it to other events. It is the best and easiest Pasta Salad I’ve ever had 🙂
This EASY Pasta Salad is great because ingredients can be easily added or taken out depending on what you like!
- 1 12-16 oz box colored rotini pasta
- 1 bottle italian dressing
- 1 cup colby jack cheese cubed
- 1 can black olives
- ½ package mini pepperonis
- parmesan cheese to taste
- tomatoes (chopped - optional)
- cucumbers (chopped - optional)
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add desired amount of olives, cheese and pepperonis to pasta.
- Pour at least half of your Italian dressing and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Pour additional dressing (as much as you want) before serving. ENJOY!
We usually have it with chunks of cheese, olives, mini pepperonis and Parmesan cheese BUT, you could easily take out or add any of these and throw in some cucumber, tomatoes or more.
I just made this last week for a BBQ and everyone loved it! And I LOVE that it saves really well and leftovers taste just as good as when it was originally served. 🙂
For more yummy Pasta-type Salads be sure to check out:
For all Salad recipes go HERE.
For all Recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂