This delicious Greek Pasta Salad is filled with rotini pasta, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, and feta cheese and is covered in a tasty greek dressing! It’s perfectly light and refreshing.
Pasta Salad with Feta
I have always enjoyed pasta salad and salad recipes but find myself craving them more in the Spring and Summer months. We have the go-to salads and pasta dishes we’ve made for years but being on a Greek-food kick, I wanted to try a Greek Pasta Salad version.
Many of the ingredients that you can typically find in Greek food includes:
- feta (my favorite!!)
I wanted to make sure all of these and more were in the recipe to give it all the Greek flavor I love so much! We added some cilantro, cucumbers, our favorite tri-color rotini and a delicious Greek dressing.
The result was amazing and had so much flavor that we knew others would love it too.
Dressing is key
Using the perfect dressing is key for this Greek Pasta. You can find loads of different options at the store, but my current favorite is this Light Greek Vinaigrette from Cardini’s. It’s not too heavy but has all the delicious flavor that comes in a Greek dressing.
Having said that, I’d love to hear what your current favorite Greek dressings are. Whether it’s more of a dressing or vinaigrette, it should enhance all of the flavors already found in this pasta dish, and we hope you like it as much as we did. 😉
Additions and substitutions:
This recipe is my favorite version of Greek Pasta Salad, but you can easily add, subtract or substitute some of your favorite ingredients. Here are a few suggestions:
- Add: grilled chicken, shrimp
- Add: red onion, sun dried tomatoes, green/red peppers, chickpeas, pepperchinis
- Feta substitute: other greek cheeses include: Graviera, Mizithra, Anthotiro, Manour, Ricotta, Halloumi, Goat Cheese
- Rotini substitute: use other bite sized pasta such as penne, elbow, shell, ziti ,
One of the reasons I love this salad is you can make it ahead of time and store it covered in the fridge. I’d also recommend saving a portion of the dressing to add just before serving. If you have any leftovers store them in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-5 days.
For more pasta salad recipes, check out:
- Asian Pasta Salad
- Caprese Pesto Pasta Salad
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
- Lemon Chicken Pasta Salad
- BLT Pasta Salad
- Italian Pasta Salad
Greek Pasta Salad Recipe
- 3 cups tri-colored rotini pasta uncooked
- 1 cup Crumbled Feta cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup cucumbers chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives sliced
- 1 cup Greek dressing
- Cook rotini according the package directions. Let cool.
- Add pasta and remaining ingredients in a bowl and toss. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. ENJOY!
Adapted from Kraft Recipes.