Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad is filled with spicy buffalo wings and topped with a tangy blue cheese dressing. It is easy and delish!
This buffalo chicken pasta salad is perfect for all your upcoming spring and summer get togethers. This would be amazing served with Summer Corn Salad, Homemade Potato Salad, and for something sweet Ambrosia Salad.
Buffalo + Blue Cheese
I have discussed our love for pasta salads before, but I must do it once again because we have a new favorite. Today’s recipe for Buffalo Chicken Pasta was seriously so good and tasty.
We have a ton of family get togethers, from holidays to birthdays, and almost always we have pasta salads on the menu. We definitely have our favorites, like our traditional Easy Pasta Salad and our Fresh Mozzarella Pasta Salad, but I have a feeling today’s recipe will become a new staple.
I previously made Buffalo Chicken Bites and ended up making a homemade Ranch Bleu Cheese Dressing to go with it. I remember it tasting perfect for the buffalo flavor of the bites and knew it would be great for a pasta salad, thus the Buffalo Pasta Salad was created.
Quick + Easy
DIP. Make dip by mixing mayo, milk and ranch mix. Stir in bleu cheese and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
PASTA & WINGS. While dressing is being refrigerated, cook pasta, bacon and boneless Buffalo wings as directed. Cut wings in bite-sized pieces.
SERVE. Right before serving, toss chicken, pasta, cherry tomatoes, bacon and dressing in a large bowl. Top with green onions. ENJOY!
- You can use whatever kind of pasta you prefer. I like using Rotini pasta and suggest using ones similar in size like Farfalle, Shell, and Penne pastas.
- Since buffalo chicken is often served with a side of carrots and celery you might like to dice some and toss it in the salad as well.
- You can serve this pasta warm or chilled, it is delicious either way.
Tips + Storage
We like to buy boneless buffalo wings from the deli section at the grocery store to make this recipe super easy. You can also buy frozen boldness wings and heat them up in your oven.
To adjust a dish to the heat different preferences when making buffalo flavored dishes be aware of how hot the buffalo chicken pieces are when you purchase or make them.
- Dampen the heat by adding melted butter to the sauce to make it more mild. Another way to dampen the heat of already made wings is by adding extra dressing to the salad.
- To make them spicier provide a side of hot sauce or red chili flakes for people to sprinkle over the top of the pasta.
To prepare this pasta salad beforehand, prepare all the ingredients and STORE separately in airtight containers in the fridge. Do not prepare ingredients more than 1 day ahead of time so that it stays as fresh as possible. Assemble it all together right before serving.
STORE any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days. Store ingredients separately or together, whichever you prefer. Serve it cold or heat it up in the microwave in 30 second increments until warm. If possible, do not heat up the dressing with the pasta salad.
For more great pasta salads, check out:
- Asian Pasta Salad
- Taco Pasta Salad
- Chinese Pasta Salad
- Pasta Primavera
- Fresh Mozzarella Pasta Salad
- Layered Pasta Salad
Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad Recipe
- Buffalo chicken wings boneless, from the deli or frozen section, cooked
- 3 cups pasta cooked
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 6-8 slices bacon (optional)
- green onions
- 3 tbsp ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup bleu cheese crumbles
- Make dip by mixing mayo, milk and ranch mix. Stir in bleu cheese and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- While dressing is being refrigerated, cook pasta, bacon and boneless Buffalo wings as directed.
- Cut wings in bite-sized pieces.
- Right before serving, toss chicken, pasta, cherry tomatoes, bacon and dressing in a large bowl.
- Top with green onions. ENJOY!