A delicious pasta full of vegetables like zucchini, squash, bell peppers, and tomatoes. Even the kids didn’t mind all the veggies in this pasta primavera because it was so tasty!
This veggie-filled pasta recipe is light, healthy and flavorful. Easy to customize, your family will love how refreshing this recipe is as well as all the veggies in it, similar to our Spinach Tortellini Salad.
Pasta + veggie Primavera
You can find several pasta recipes here on Lil Luna and NONE of them disappoint. I mean – it’s pasta… always delish, right?
Today’s pasta primavera is no different! With so many great, fresh, ingredients, this pasta explodes with flavor.
This recipe is also very healthy and easy to change up. As you can see, there are loads of different veggies in this dish, but you can also add some protein too (chicken and sausage are our favs!)
You can also omit any ingredients in case you have some picky eaters – or just fill it with any extra veggies you know the kids love.
how to make pasta primavera + ingredients
Pasta Primavera is a gardener’s dream dish, because you can easily use the produce that you’ve grown that season. For the rest of us non gardeners, just use whatever’s in season at your local market!vSome produce ideas include:
- peas (with or without pods)
Just do your best to cut the produce the same size so they cook evenly.
Protein. You can add some protein by including ground sausage, chicken (ground or shredded), turkey, or shrimp.
Pasta. Another way to change things up it to use a different pasta. Pretty much anything goes including spaghetti or angel hair, bow tie, wagon wheel or penne.
Making ahead and storing pasta primavera
Make ahead. You can prepare the dish the morning of or even the day before. Store the ingredients in separate containers in the fridge until you’re ready to make the dish.
- Produce: wash, dry and cut all the produce
- Pasta: Once drained toss it with a little bit of olive oil to keep the noodles from getting sticky and clumping together.
- Sausage: Precook. Store the sausage and any juices in a container in the fridge. Reheat in the skillet before cooking the veggies.
Store. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days. You can eat it cold straight out of the fridge, or heat it back up in a skillet. If you’re in a hurry, a microwave also works.
With so many great ingredients, it’s hard NOT to like this recipe. Be sure to give it a try and let us know what you think. 😉
For more favorite pasta dishes, check out:
- Pesto Chicken Florentine
- Lemon and Asparagus Pasta
- Tomato Pesto Pasta
- Cheesy Spaghetti Bake
- Garlic Butter Pasta
- Parmesan Chicken Manicotti
Pasta Primavera Recipe
- 10 oz bowtie pasta uncooked
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large carrot peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 1 medium red bell pepper sliced into matchsticks
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper sliced into matchsticks
- 2 medium zucchini sliced and cut into quarters
- 1 medium yellow squash sliced and cut into quarters
- 1 cup grape tomatoes heaping cup and cut in half length wise
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- garlic salt (with parsley flakes)
- ¼ cup pasta water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice fresh
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese shredded and divided
- balsamic glaze optional
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain, but be sure to reserve ¼ cup of the pasta water before draining.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the carrots for a few minutes. Add the peppers and sauté for an additional few minutes. Add the squash and zucchini and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, garlic salt, and pepper, and saute for another 2 minutes. (Note: if adding meat, then add it at this point. Be sure that it has been precooked and cut)
- Toss in the bowtie pasta, ¼ cup reserve pasta water, lemon juice, and any salt and pepper as needed.
- Top with Parmesan Cheese, parsley, and balsamic glaze if desired.
adapted from allrecipes.com
food is great, I will try to take his family to enjoy this dish
Thanks so much!! I hope they like it!
Yay!! I am so glad 🙂 Thank you for sharing!
Light & healthy..love making this salad all summer long or with a heavier main dish. The seasonings are perfect!
My family would love this!! The perfect weeknight meal!
We loved it! I am so excited I have leftovers for unch today!
Made this for the family and it was a hit! We all loved it!
totally agree that this is an easy recipe/way for the kids to eat their veggies!
THis is the freshest, lightest, yummiest pasta dish! And I can count it as my full serving of veggies for the day!
This was so yummy! I ate way more than I should have. I liked it both warm and cold.
I love pastas especially those full of veggies. Its hearty but light!
What a great reciPe that can be customized! Researched recipes using yellow peppers and zucChini and your site camE up. Cant wait to try more, thank you!
I can’t wait for you to try more, too! Thank you for sharing that 🙂
So good and I add every veggie in the fridge. This always turns out well and it’s so healthy and pretty!!
Yes, it’s a great one to add all that you want in! Thank you!