This Lemon and Asparagus Pasta is so simple, yet packed with amazing flavor! Penne (or your favorite) pasta, mixed with asparagus, and covered in a cheesy sauce with just a hint of lemon. Pasta with asparagus has become a new family favorite!
Lemon Pasta with Asparagus
I’m sure you have noticed by now that we are HUGE pasta lovers! We love trying out new pasta dishes (like today’s Lemon and Asparagus Pasta) and love sharing with you our favorites. This next recipe is a new FAV that I think you’ll enjoy just as much as we did. I think we were a little partial since we also love asparagus, and this recipe is loaded with the delicious veggie. It also has cheese, and you just can’t go wrong with cheesy pasta dishes – am I right?!
This Asparagus Pasta was delicious, but we are thinking we will add some cooked chicken strips to go with it. It reminds me a bit of the Chicken and Asparagus Pasta but it obviously has more of a lemon taste to it. Bottom line, if you like lemon, and pasta and asparagus, then you’ll definitely want to try this recipe.
You can never go wrong with cheese and pasta!!
MY OTHER RECIPES
Since we’re slightly obsessed with pasta, you can bet we make this as often as we can. Sometimes we use penne pasta, but other times we use gemelli (the pasta that’s pictured). Honestly, any pasta that’s on hand works great. Either way, the whole family enjoys this cheesy pasta with the perfect hint of lemon, and I bet yours will too!
You can complete the meal by also making:
For more yummy pasta recipes, check out:
- Creamy Garlic Penne Pasta
- Chicken Tetrazzini
- Spaghetti Carbonara
- Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta
- Cheesy Ziti Bake
How to Make Asparagus Pasta:
- 1½ cups penne pasta (or any other pasta you like)
- ½ bunch asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¾ C. whole milk
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. all-purpose flour
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1½ tsp. lemon juice
- ⅓ grated Parmesan Cheese
- ⅓ cup shaved Parmesan Cheese
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 6 minutes. Add asparagus and continue cooking until just tender (about 3-5 more minutes). Drain and return to the pot.
- In a medium bowl, whisk milk, mustard, flour, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a small saucepan on medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant and lightly browned (stirring constantly) about 1 minute. Pour in the milk mixture and whisk. Continue stirring as you bring to a simmer. Cook until thick, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in lemon zest and juice.
- Stir this sauce into the pasta and cook over medium-high heat. Cook until sauce is thick and creamy. Mix grated Parmesan cheese into the pasta.
- Top with remaining shaved Parmesan cheese as a topping. ENJOY!
Recipe adapted from Recipe.com.
If you like this recipe, you’ll want to check out this one as well:
For all pasta recipes, CLICK HERE.
For all main dish recipes, CLICK HERE.