This Cheesy Chicken Asparagus Pasta is one of our favorite pasta dishes – cheesy pasta filled with asparagus, topped with panko and baked to perfection!
Chicken Asparagus Pasta
How are you guys doing today?! It’s Friday, which means I’m SO excited for the weekend to be here! I’m also so excited to share today’s recipe with you because it’s one I love. I know there are a ton of recipes that I’ve had here on the blog that involve chicken and pasta but today’s recipe is a little bit “lighter” and includes an additional favorite ingredient – ASPARAGUS! Today’s Chicken Asparagus Pasta is a family favorite that isn’t in a creamy sauce, like some of the other pasta recipes on the site.
I first had this Cheesy Chicken Asparagus Pasta several years ago at my mom’s and have made it a few times since not realizing I hadn’t shared it with you yet. My favorite part of the dish is the asparagus, but in reality, it’s all so delicious and one that we have enjoyed for years. If you also like chicken pasta and asparagus, then I recommend giving this one a try. It’s another great dinner meal the whole family will love.
Top it all off with Panko & cheese!
How to make Asparagus Chicken Pasta
Making this pasta dish is easy peasy. Begin by boiling your pasta. While the pasta is cooking, cook your chicken and asparagus pieces in a pan with a little bit of olive oil. Add onion powder and garlic salt, and some pepper and cook until the chicken is tender.
Then, you will addd your pasta to a greased 9×13 dish, add the chicken and asparagus on top. Drizzle with olive oil and lightly toss. Top with a little bit of cheese, panko, melted butter and Italian seasoning and bake for thirty minutes. A few steps but all so simple!!
We obviously like our pasta dishes baked a little more on the crunchy side, but that’s what happens when you top it off with delicious Panko!!
Complete the meal by also making:
For more great chicken and pasta recipes, check out:
- Chicken and Asparagus Pasta
- Chicken Scallopini
- Lemon & Asparagus Pasta
- Chicken Alfredo Casserole
- Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
Cheesy Chicken Asparagus Pasta Recipe
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 1 lb asparagus ends trimmed and cut into 3 pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2-3 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup panko
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Italian Seasoning
- Boil pasta as directed.
- While pasta is cooking, cook chicken and asparagus pieces in pan with 1 tbsp olive oil. Add onion powder and garlic salt and cook until chicken is tender. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add pasta to a greased 9x13 dish and added chicken and asparagus mixture on top.
- Drizzle with olive oil and lightly toss until the olive oil is over everything.
- Top with cheese.
- Combine Panko and melted butter and sprinkle over the top. Sprinkle on Italian Seasoning.
- Bake for 30 minutes.