You guys know how much we love chicken and pasta here!! How can you not when they’re almost always delicious and loved by the whole family?! 😉 Today’s recipe for Chicken Scallopini happens to be another one of those yummy dishes and is one my mom got from watching the news one day (thanks, Mom!) She gave it a try, and it was a hit!! Like I said, I’m not sure how it wouldn’t be a hit when you have breaded chicken and pasta that is coated in a Lemon Butter sauce.
This particular recipe is also pretty simple. It takes a little bit of time but is easy to do, which is what I like most about great recipes (simple – AND delicious!)
MY OTHER RECIPES
For more chicken pasta recipes, check out:
How to make Chicken Scallopini:
- 4 chicken breast skinless, boneless
- Oil, for sautéing chicken
- Butter, for sautéing chicken
- 2 C. Italian seasoned breadcrumbs or Panko
- ¼ t. salt
- ¼ t. black pepper
- 4 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 2 oz. white wine
- 4 oz. heavy cream
- 1 cup butter
- 1 lb. linguini pasta, cooked
- Place each chicken breast in a plastic bag. Using a meat mallet, pound to about ¼-inch thickness.
- Heat a about 1 TB of oil and 2 T. butter in a large skillet
- Coat chicken in breadcrumbs and saute in your skillet, turning until brown and cooked through. Remove chicken from pan.
- In a medium pan, bring to boil, lemon juice and white wine on medium heat. Reduce by one-third. Add cream and simmer until mixture thickens. Slowly add your butter until incorporated
- Season with salt and pepper and add capers.
- Cook pasta according to box directions. Add lemon butter sauce to pasta and toss.
- Add cut chicken over pasta. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Recipe adapted from ABC 15.