A new twist on your favorite pasta dinner! This easy recipe calls for chicken, spaghetti noodles, cream of chicken, salsa, sour cream and cheese, making it the epitome of comfort food. Everyone will love Chicken Spaghetti!
All my kids love spaghetti (what kid doesn’t?), but it’s nice to switch it up from the classic spaghetti recipe every once in a while! Whenever we need some variety, we like to make this chicken spaghetti, Baked Spaghetti, or even Spaghetti Chili!
Chicken in Spaghetti? YES WAY!
I admit, I was hesitant to try this recipe because we’ve enjoyed our classic spaghetti recipe for so long which has red sauce and beef. Having said that, chicken + pasta is my favorite dinner combo, so we knew we had to try it out. I’m happy to report that the result was amazing (and SO EASY to make).
When you see the ingredients for this recipe, it will be so obvious as to why it was such a huge hit. The main ingredients are:
- cream of chicken soup
- sour cream
We were surprised that it had some spices in it (salsa, Mexican cheese, and taco seasoning), but we actually LOVED all the flavors! It wasn’t spicy at all, but instead of the Italian seasonings you’d expect in spaghetti, this had Mexican flavors that made this recipe so delicious!
How to make Chicken Spaghetti
We love that this recipe is simple and quick. I also love that we always have these ingredients on hand all the time, which totally helps this busy mama. I’m thinking it would be easy to turn this into an easy skillet recipe instead of baking it, but either way you do it, I have a feeling you’ll love the recipe.
PASTA. To make it, cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
MIX. Then, mix together cooked pasta, diced chicken (for all the info you need for baked chicken GO HERE), cream of chicken soup, salsa, sour cream, taco seasoning, and 1 ½ cup of your cheese. Stir to combine.
BAKE. Pour into a 9×13 sprayed baking dish. Top with ½ cup cheese and chopped cilantro. Cover with foil and cook in the oven for 25 minutes or until cheese begins to bubble.
IN THE CROCKPOT
Making chicken spaghetti in the crock pot is easy! You can even cook the chicken along with the rest of the ingredients instead of starting with cooked chicken.
- Combine uncooked chicken, cream of chicken soup, salsa, sour cream, 1 cup of the cheese, and taco seasoning in the crockpot.
- Cover and cook for 3-4 hours on high until the chicken is cooked through.
- Cook your spaghetti noodles.
- Pour in the cooked spaghetti noodles and remaining cheese.
- Toss everything together in the crockpot to mix and melt cheese.
- Cook for another 20-30 min on low and serve.
Either way you make it, it’s sure to be a hit!
a perfect MAKe-ahead meal
Chicken spaghetti makes a great freezer meal! Just prepare all the ingredients together and pour it into a freezer safe baking container. Top with the cheese. Cover with plastic wrap and tin foil and make sure it’s airtight and ready for the freezer. This can be kept in the freezer for up to 6 months.
If you want to make ahead without freezing, you can also assemble it, cover, and keep it in the fridge for up to two days until you’re ready to bake.
How long does cooked chicken spaghetti last in the fridge? You can keep your cooked chicken spaghetti leftovers in the fridge for 2-3 days. Be sure to place it in an air-tight container and reheat in the microwave.
Can’t wait to make this easy, cheesy, flavorful spaghetti again!
what to serve with chicken spaghetti:
For more spaghetti recipes, check out:
Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 16 oz spaghetti noodles box
- 2 cups cooked chicken diced
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup undiluted
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend divided
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Mix together cooked pasta, diced chicken, cream of chicken soup, salsa, sour cream, taco seasoning, and 1 ½ cup of your cheese. Stir to combine.
- Pour into a 9x13 sprayed baking dish.
- Top with 1/2 cup cheese and chopped cilantro.
- Cover with foil and cook in the oven for 25 minutes, until cheese begins to bubble.
Adapted from The Country Cook.