Spaghetti Pie makes a hearty and delicious twist for a dinner time win! It’s a perfect recipe for busy weeknights and family-friendly dinners.
Baked Spaghetti Pie – it’s delish!
Italian food is always a go to in our house. It’s quick, easy, usually requires few ingredients—oh and did I mention—delish?!
Sometimes it’s fun to mix it up a bit. I thought I would try something new, but really this recipe a twist on a couple of classics: Spaghetti and Lasagna. Lasagna is oh so good, but definitely a bit time consuming to make. And Spaghetti, well sometimes it needs a little zing.
This hearty duo meshes oh so well in a new, soon to be classic—Spaghetti Pie! It comes together easily, is something a bit different, and let’s face it, fun to eat! The kids were impressed to say the least. Needless to say, I will be adding it to the dinner rotation!
The spaghetti noodles are mixed with the butter, eggs, and Parmesan so that when it’s pressed down into the pie plate it will hold and become the crust of the pie.
We use regular spaghetti noodles, but you can use any long noodle such as:
- angel hair
We typically keep it classic and go with spaghetti noodles. 😉
How to Make Spaghetti Pie
SPAGHETTI. Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions, then drain. Toss spaghetti with melted butter, eggs, and Parmesan. Press into the pie plate to form a crust.
CHEESE MIXTURE. In a medium bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, parsley, oregano, and basil. Spread the ricotta mixture over the spaghetti in the pie plate.
MEAT SAUCE. In a large skillet, cook and drain ground beef and Italian sausage (break into small pieces as it cooks). Add the diced tomatoes and marinara sauce to the skillet. Stir to combine. Spread meat sauce evenly over the ricotta layer, then sprinkle mozzarella cheese over top of the meat sauce.
BAKE. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes (until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling). Let sit for ten minutes, then cut into wedges and serve.
- Be sure to cook the pasta al dente as they will continue to cook as the pie is baked in the oven.
- If the top begins to brown before the pie is done baking, tent a piece of foil over the top of the pie to keep it from burning
- For a gluten free pie try using zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash. Be sure to remove as much excess liquid as possible.
Storing Tips + Side ideas
Make ahead: Pasta dishes are notorious for being a good freezer meal, this spaghetti pie is no different. If you are planning to freeze this dish I recommend using a deep disposable pie pan. Label and freeze for up to 3 months.
When you’re ready to use, place the frozen pie straight into the preheated oven. Bake for an extra 30 minutes or until bubbly and hot throughout.
Leftovers: Divide leftovers into individual portions. Store the portions in airtight, freezer safe if applicable, containers. Store in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for up 2-3 months. Reheat in the microwave or oven until hot throughout. Time will vary depending on the portion size and heating method used.
Serve it with:
The options are endless, but these are some of our favs…
- Olive Garden Breadsticks
- Fried Zucchini
- Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Homemade Caesar Dressing and Salad
- Mozzarella Sticks
For more Spaghetti Recipes:
Spaghetti Pie Recipe
- 6 ounces spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound mild Italian sausage
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a deep dish pie plate.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions, then drain. Toss the spaghetti with the melted butter, eggs, and parmesan, then press it into a crust in the pie plate.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, parsley, oregano, and basil. Spread the ricotta mixture over the spaghetti in the pie plate.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef and Italian sausage, breaking it into small pieces as it cooks. When the meat is cooked through, drain the grease. Add the diced tomatoes and marinara sauce to the skillet and stir to combine. Pour the meat sauce over the ricotta layer, spreading evenly.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top of the meat sauce. Bake 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling. Let sit for ten minutes, then cut into wedges and serve.